carbon on carbon brakes

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Bill Naves, Oct 22, 2008.

1. armyaafa

armyaafa New Member

Firesuits

Ain't gonna hurt to dry clean that too,,, once in awhile!! :cool:

2. JP

JP Member

I understand all explained here but is there any type of service to the master cylinder. I mean if there us no leak or loss of action .

fluid change
    service seals

thanks

3. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I think there was some misconception. I didn't mean in my previous post that Carbon/Carbon was the only answer, just one big piece of the puzzle. A trip to the beach is the last thing any of us want.

I'm a little flustered that Strange would sell the part like that and not bother informing of the maintenence required to keep them working correctly. From being in the clutch business, I can tell you, and I'm sure you're all TOO aware, there is nothing that goes on these cars that doesn't require some kind of periodical maintenence, not to mention re-SFI'ing everything. We HAVE to disclose the upkeep or nobody would ever buy a clutch!

4. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

good brakes

Understanding the system is a good place to start.
    Pressure vs. Volume: rear 4 piston caliper system: many believe a 3/4" bore gives a solid handle feel with lots of pressure, but reality is not enough volume to the pistons.
    Hoses: front only, so the wheels can turn with the shortest possible -3 hose. Hardline only on the rear, 3/16" tube.
    (To the guy I mentioned his -4 hose being garden hose, do your own test: pinch the -4 hose with thumb and forefinger and have somebody pump brake, you will run to the hose store for -3!).
    Strange will claim the high mount resevoir, dual inline F/C unit will not need RPValves or proportioning valve, but I like the comfort of knowing what is going to the front, so I install the proportioning valve. I do believe in RPV for the rear and anyother make of master cyl.

5. CARL VINCENT

CARL VINCENT New Member

carbon brakes

Bill if you still have the carbon brakes ...What do you want for them? Thanks