Call from Gainsville TAD Run

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by tjenna, Mar 18, 2005.

1. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

That C blower on Santos car probably helped a little.

2. The Zone

The Zone Member

Bull shit ch3no2

Dean

3. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Dean,
    Why is it BS. I agree that the Santos, Santos, Sanots, O'Bannon and Grimes team was the greatest in the TA/D class, to date. That does not change the fact that they had and ran one of the "C Blowers". 2 of their quickest runs, not counting the runs at Reading in 2001 (mineshaft), had the "C" on the car. It had to help.

Respectfully,
    Marty

4. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

They had it on the car and they will even tell you they did. They were the frist ones to have one and then others followed. Give it up ! ! the blower was being used and now its in the past so who cares................that was then and now is now....

5. The Zone

The Zone Member

Marty, They ran their first 20 a year before the c blower and ran their best numbers without it. Yes they made a couple laps with it but it had nothing to do with them being dominant for five years and the quickest blown car for at least five years.
    (unless of course I am blinf to the fact that they ran the c for half a season or more, and I don't believe so)

The biggest point to their dominance came at Pomona when they took 2/3rds of a season off and ran a 5.29 in 2500 feet of air.
    (Which was a tenth and a half quicker than any other BAD)

Dean

[ March 23, 2005, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: The Zone ]

6. Stilwell

Stilwell New Member

"They had it on the car and they will even tell you they did. They were the frist ones to have one and then others followed. Give it up ! ! the blower was being used and now its in the past so who cares................that was then and now is now...."

Just like 100% Nitro... who cares...that was then this is now... :D

7. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

Boy if this Mike W guy isnt funny! Sorry buddy but if you think there wasnt any engineers working on the blown combo then you didnt pay much attention to the cars. David Wells was an engineer and still is one and a very smart one at that. I know as I had the pleasure of working on his car for the last 2 1/2 years. He had the baddest blown car in the country last year (oh and by the way yours was bad to Marty) and if you think for one minute he wasnt working on every angle he could come up with to make the car faster then you must have a bunch of wacky tobacy rolling up in your face. You are right tho there are ways of making them go faster. Why dont you go to the nhra and get them things legalized so they can us it? God knows that Marty,David, and all of tara tried it and didnt get anything accomplished. Lets be realistic here the nhra is not going to let an afuel car or an alcohol car run in the 4s so they are not gonna give the blown cars the stuff they need to make them run faster. I like how you guys set here and say that only a few afuels can run in the teens so you cant hold them back because just a few can do it but you always use the one best run of the blower cars. Use the best of both and stick with it. So far this year blower car went what was it like a 33 or so and an 18 for the afuel. No matter how you look at it a tenth and a half buddy. Oh and sorry to point this one out all you afuel ppl that say an afuel cant run in the heat. Last year Randy Meyer goes a 5.29 at Scribner. 95 degrees out. Mike Gunderson at Atlanta runs mid 30s all weekend long 90 degrees and about 80% humidity. He made awsome runs and deserved credit for doing it. Now you will say but did he win the race? No he didnt but he will tell you that it wasnt cause his car didnt run he had a bad light. He ran a bunch quicker than Arther did but got treed. Not the cars fault. Now you all will say the 2% will kill them. Obviously it didnt so dont bother. Oh the 300 ft dont use it at chicago last year on sunday morning if I remember right 800 ft below sea level and by the time we ran I am thinking it was still around 300 ft below and I dont remember them kind of numbers out of the afuel cars. Point is Mike you dont have a clue so go out and buy a dog and name him clue then you will have one.

8. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Great post alkysniffer!! Took most of the words right out of my mouth. And did you hear Bills pit interview after the red light? He was still awfull happy and his quote sort of went "for 98%we hardly changed anything". I guess Darien with his what? 50 or so passes can almost be ashamed of their tenth behind the pack Et perf cept for his win/loss record. I believe that was Reicherts THIRD pass. And dont even go on about Denver! For all the gloom and doom about the future of A/Fuel this year theres an awfull lot of injected cars still running out there.