Call from Gainsville TAD Run

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by tjenna, Mar 18, 2005.

1. was R4K

was R4K Member

racin will miss ya Mike- Hope you go to another class at least!

2. mike w.

mike w. TAFC

300 ft or better is all this thing is about. The problem here isn't parity, it's losing qualifiers to rain and time. If things go half way right today, Kelly should easily run over 270 and in the 20's. Hillary Will runs over 270 in 1500 ft of air. Be realistic, at 0-300 ft Bucky would put her car in the teens or twenties today.

3. JBJ

JBJ Member

300 ft or better is all this thing is about. The problem here isn't parity, it's losing qualifiers to rain and time. If things go half way right today, Kelly should easily run over 270 and in the 20's. Hillary Will runs over 270 in 1500 ft of air. Be realistic, at 0-300 ft Bucky would put her car in the teens or twenties today.

You know he (Bucky)would have this weekend with that air and will before the year is done. Twenties for sure.

And Doug works on car 470 TAD with us. And has worked on many other A/F cars.

4. was R4K

was R4K Member

Mike W- Mission in May will have those conditions and I will buy you all a beer and steak if Bucky puts Hilary in the teens at that race- I'd sure like to see it, but I think you are both dreaming- She will be a low 3 there. Bucky is just the guy to prove me wrong though!

5. The Zone

The Zone Member

I've got 250.00 and two to one odds for anyone that thinks any BAD will go in the 5.teens this year in any type of air.
    And I've got that same 250 at even odds that any BAD will go 5.26 or quicker in any type of Air.

Bucky is not god, but is one of the top 6 alky tuners out there. He don't have a magic pill or box that will made Hillary or anyone go in the 5.teens.

Mission will be below 1000 guaranteed. And probably below 500, but 270 mph does not compute to anything close to a 5.teen.
    Sorry Mike W, -500 ft of air will not put a BAD in the 5.teens either (Mission hass had that type of
    If there is another session today you may see 5.31 or 32. at maybe 270.
    Dean

6. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

I agree Dean. I can't see any blown car running a teen. I don't know what planet these guys are on but 5.26 is a long way from a teen.

7. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

Weather conditions: air temperature 69 degrees, relative humidity 46 percent, barometer 29.92 inches, adjusted altitude 859 feet, track temperature 87 degrees.

Bill Reichert Runs 5.345/267.53, Now #1; Best prior run: 5.181/276.07, Was #1

Do you guys see the relationship to the adjusted altitude to the ET? 300ft ton 850ft

8. azspeedfreak

azspeedfreak New Member

what are some these guys talking about, there is no way that a BLOWN car can run teens heck the best a blown car ran if i remeber is a .26 there is no way with the current setup that a blown will ever run a low .20 that is why the NHRA lowered the AFDs to 98% is to slow us down.. so i dont know what some of you are smokin, but you need to do your home work better!!!! by the way congrats too Bill, and Micheal, way to go guys awsome runs!!!!

9. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

[ March 20, 2005, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Lee Callaway ]

10. was R4K

was R4K Member

Lee- how could you say that! LOL

11. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Is it a quadratic relationship?

5.18 at 300 ft
    5.21 at 1,000 ft
    5.34 at 850 ft

It definitely is not linear.

12. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

Round 3 conditions: , adjusted altitude 1,663 feet

5.18 at 300 ft
    5.34 at 850 ft
    5.40 at 1663 ft

looks Linear to me...

13. mike w.

mike w. TAFC

Do you alcohol guys ever get tired of whining to the world that you can't (or wont) improve your cars. No blown car could possibly go 20's and don't even think about teens. With your negative CAN'T do attitude you're absolutely right, you wont go any faster!!!
    Please excuse me and accept my apology for giving you guys so much credit. I actually thought the blown alcohol dragsters had the ability and desire to go that fast.
    Seriously, nothing is impossible unless you think it is. Quit being so convinced you can't make these cars go faster.

14. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

You missed the 5.21 at 1,000 ft

Throwing out data is something you need to be real careful about.

And you are comparing different cars now.

15. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

And you said there was a relationship?

What kind of relationship?

Is it satistically proven?

If so what type of tools have you used to prove it? T-test, Anova, etc....

16. The Zone

The Zone Member

Faster at what cost Mike.

Should a car owner have to spend 5 times more than a car in the same class to get results that are within earshot of that car. I don't think so. Remember you are in a class that is a level playing field parts wise.

There is no technology out there available to a Blown car that will allow it to run a 5.teen period. And you should know that.

Why are the top 5 cars in TAFC always the quickest
    And I am talking about Manzo, Newberry Chesterman, Austin, Payne.

Cubic Dollars and a crew chief that is not afraid to blow it up in order to go fast.

When an A/Fuel car can go 7000 rpms and a BAD has to go 10,500 to still be a tenth back what is the point.

Mike, I can't believe you are arguing this point, or trying to justify your comments, by saying no one is trying or they are all giving up.
    Steve Federlin runs his car as hard and to the max on every lap and has changed combos three times in the last three years to try and go faster. Mark Hengtes had an engineer working on his team to try and go faster. David Wells had the most respected TAD tuner of the last decade work on his car for a year and a half. And they did not go any quicker than the previous owner did two years before that.
    The speed is something they seemed to of found but, getting to 660 feet with a three speed and a clutch are where the cars are not advancing.
    Come up with the magic pill. I bet guys will buy it. They won't sit an there arses.
    Dean

17. Kosmo

Kosmo tad

1098 feet

18. mike w.

mike w. TAFC

dean
    I didn't say no one is trying, I said there is a persistant negative attitude among blown alcohol dragster people on this forum.
    You just did a thourogh job of backing up that point.

Does your comment about money mean the cars could go faster if more money was spent?

You must have a level of knowledge way beyond the rest of us to be able to say with absolute certainty that there is no technology available that could help the cars go faster.

You're comment about jay, Manzo, etc. It's a crew chief that is always inventing or trying new technology, and not blowing up motors. Jay did not have the money when he first developed that attitude while running super stock cars.

This is pointless. There is nothing I could say that would change your way of thinking about racing. I'm glad people weren't so short sited and narrow minded when this sport began.

19. was R4K

was R4K Member

Well- I am surprised you didn't bring your blown car out at Pomona and show us your 5.2's- Guess we will see you in Mission and you can show us how your good attitude goes faster than our bad (realistic) attitude! ;)

20. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

no they did no say there was not any technoloy available. Its that NHRA will not let them use any new technolgy to go faster. Right now most of the Blown cars that was running high 20s were hurting a lot of parts each time they did it. don't know if they A/F cars hurt parts like that when they run high 20s

Lanny