Buying & Selling

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by secondwindracing, May 4, 2014.

1. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

were is everybody buying and selling parts now days??? Dave

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

in other words

In other words, where is everyone buying and selling since I 'ruined' the ITA classifieds?

3. aj481x

aj481x Member

Correct :D

4. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

It's not just here. Racingjunk is just as bad. Nothing moving anywhere. And don't give me that crap about the economy, it's better than it was 5 years ago and people were fighting over parts then too. So what gives ? I think were finally starting to see corporate America and major sponsors ruining drag racing. People can't compete with cubic dollars. At any level!

5. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

Well to the last 3 post is...yes yes and yes

6. Will Hanna

Staff Member

website

Well Dave, for the price of a few of my exorbitant ad fees, you can build your own site and post for free all you want.

Yes, we don't have 20 ads a day like we used to. It's coming back up. We are working the bugs out of the new system. I have reached out to the racers that frequent this board and we came to a good compromise to allow wanted ads for free on here.

So when you find a free site to go post your stuff, go there. Build your own. I'm sick of the attitude that I'm a bad guy because I'm doing something to try to make money. I'm sure if you own a business or work for someone, you don't feel bad when you get a new customer, get a raise or get some overtime. But I'm a major dickhead for charging someone $5 to sell $5,000 to $50,000 to ??? worth of equipment on here. Oh and heaven forbid the site advertisers get to post ads too.

So if you are too cheap to pay $5 to use the classifieds that more than likely you have sold thousands of dollars of stuff over the years, or built your car off of it, without me asking a single dime, or asking for a handout honor payment, I'M OK WITH IT. Just don't get on here and start a thread that for all intents and purposes says "to hell with Will and ITA, where else can we go?"

So when you find it, I'll be happy for you and everyone else. I'll say it again. I don't have a problem if you or anyone else thinks my classifieds pricing is too high and refuses to pay it. That's the market. But to come in my house and trash me like this, yeah I got a problem with it.

We got the best damn site in the world for our type of racing and I don't need to apologize to anyone for trying to make money off of it. And no I am not ruining the site, the amount of classifieds ads has rose steadily since we made the change and the rest of the site traffic is right on par with what it was before.

7. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Amen Will --- my advice is always raise your prices when you are busy -- you will get rid of the customers you don't want and the good ones are happy to pay more for good service -------------thanks for this website !

8. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

hahaha YES!! That's how I operate my Business's......the GOOD Customers havnt complained a BIT!:cool: Heres a good example if you feel $5 is "too high" www.repocast.com I sell a LOT of big ticket items on here and they take a BIG percentage......But I "accept" that or I wouldn't go there! THEY spend the ADVERTISING $$ and reach THOUSANDS of Customers...and hassle -free for me!

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  9. Nitro Madness

Nitro Madness Super Comp

Just for the what it's worth dept...I think $5 is a great deal but just don't have anything to sell right now....Will, this is a great site and you don't need to defend yourself on charging for advertising....I think that most of the TAFC - TAD - NFC - etc. teams are happy with the opportunity to reach other teams through this site that might need their used or extra parts...

10. Chuck Anderika

If it's not worth $5 to advertise it, it probably isn't worth anything anyway. It's a good price to keep the junk off the site. Best thing Will ever did.

11. guswhite

guswhite Member

buying and selling

there still selling the only difference is its the same few businesses very few people selling parts just laying around its not real hard to find new parts just open one of the 50 magazines a week that we all get or click on any mfg. and there they are but if you want to see the same four or five businesses beat this site to death and talk about how improved the site is now there still here that's my opinion for what its worth

12. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

I just sold a piece of commercial equipment on erape
    they now get 10% off the top
    $5 is a bargain
    would you rather pay a percentage??

13. TAFC 5 81

TAFC 5 81 Member

%

I have worked for the State of SC for over 35 years; but I am also an artist sometimes on the side. The average art gallery takes about 40% if they sell your original.

14. Jim Peters

Jim Peters New Member

It was just a Question

And he takes a Beating for it. :rolleyes:

15. Will Hanna

Staff Member

just a question?

no it's a little more than a question or a comment.

it's basically saying where can we go besides here.

so what am i supposed to do? let the thread go as he had hoped and someone would say 'well we can post ads on this website.' so I am supposed to let him come trash my business and advertise someone else's at the same time? That would be like walking in a restaurant and looking at the special board and it says 'down the road they have chicken fried steak.'

call me what you will, but i'm not going to be disrespected like that on my own website. one of the ground rules of this site has always been discuss things in a respectful objective matter.

16. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

Glad you understood that. I gave up pretty quick.

Come to think of it. An ad in the local Thrifty Nickel hasn't been $5.00 for at least 20 years.
    $5.00 for a few views in a local paper versus $5.00 for worldwide views. No contest.
    Dave Koehler
    http://www.koehlerinjection.com

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  17. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I fail to see what "Corporate America" has to do with anything and anyone with an ounce of brains knows the economy is not better than it was five years ago. The stock market is being proped up with phoney money and businesses aren't spending money due to the unknowns (and knowns) including the United States having the highest corporate taxes in the modern world and Obozocare. But before I get banned for being too political, racing has always been expensive. But good parts are easier to find now with web sites like this that offer a way to sell good used stuff at a reasonable price to people willing to buy them. Pick a series or class you can afford to run and go from there. Not everyone was called to run top fuel. Racing has always been for the people who have money to spend.

As far as stuff not selling, I parted out my entire operation including trailer, truck, race car and all spares in less than three months. I had a lot of stuff and had no trouble moving it. And, in some cases, I had multiple buyers for the same thing. I just priced it properly. I sold it all here and on Racing Junk. And, believe it or not, most of what I sold was due to people contacting me and asking for a list of things I had to sell once they knew I was done and saw my ads here.

18. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Got to say that for the five bucks Will is asking for, it's
    a fair price. The only thing it adds is a little extra headache. But where else can you go to put your parts in front of bunch of racers looking for blown alcohol parts and pieces. Racing junk is ok but damn , you have to scan pages of shit to even find the type of part you are looking for.

19. TAFC 5 81

TAFC 5 81 Member

20. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Wasn't it Jim Dunn who said the cost of racing has changed over the years? It still costs everything you've got.