burst panels blow out

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by danny, Jul 17, 2007.

1. eli

eli Banned

Sorry, But I was serious, Don't ask me,:confused: I dont degree a cam like that, I just split the over lap and look at the degree wheel and see where it is. been doing it this way for 40 years. ;) :D

2. was R4K

was R4K Member

We have had this problem- low pump pressure will show a lot of fuel from the pipes at idle, but once boost comes up and fights against a low pump pressure you can get a lean/blow out burst panel condition--flow check your fuel system-

3. whosyrdady

whosyrdady Super Comp

I would take a close look at the barrel valve, make sure the spool isnt in upside down. check your run nozzle block and make sure your line arent blocked. Just throwing ideas out. Good Luck Kevin

4. cd3d

cd3d New Member

burst panel

another possible cause is too small a vent on fuel tank. have seen this numerous times over the years. what are you running? chuck

5. danny

danny compet elimin

problem found

Hi We checked everything exept the compressure ratio:mad:
    When the fuelsystem returned from Randy he included a sheet saying we should go down on the compr ratio because we where @ 11.5 and above 11.0there's no gain anymore.
    The engine was ready when the fuel system arrived but we took pistons out to get them machined of a bit @ the machine shop.We didn't have the time to order new parts because the first race was coming and the guy from the machine shop sayd no problem i will fix it:(. We didn't check it after they returned.
    There's always a risk the parts will not be here on time when we order them,we ordered a new strange 10.5 rear axle 3 months ago ( already payed half in advance) and still no sign of the axle:mad:. I want to thank you all for the help and info and eric yes its as slow as a super comp car;) but we are going to kick some ass this weekend in sweden and we let you know if everythings ok now.Grtz danny

6. Eric David Bru

Keep us posted.

EDB

7. MotorPsycho

MotorPsycho Member

seems to have sorted Danny's problems!

first qualifier at Mantorp Park, Sweden he ran 6.15@229mph

8. BOBBY MARTINDALE

psi

I THOUGHT A PSI WAS SET AT 20% ????:cool:

9. Henry Charest

Henry Charest New Member

We built a piece of .040 4130 as a spring holder, that snaps over center when the fuel shutoff is turned on. It can be operated by either the tuner, or the driver. It doesn't take much, just enough to keep it from vibrating closed or partially closed. Without a data recorder its a bit tough to diagnose, but if you have raw fuel out the pipes, it is most likely plenty fat. If the panels are coming out at the shift, you may have too small a pump, and when the motor needs more fuel, it can't supply it. Food for thought.....
    Henry

10. danny

danny compet elimin

bustpanels

Hi We returned from sweden where we are kicked out in the first round by one of the fastest funnycars from europe :mad:.
    Our first qual pas a 6.15 ( still waiting for the bust panels to come out :( ) and later on we where going faster but not fast enough,our best was a 6.13 and i hate to see a car in front of me but couldn't beat him it's for the next time i hope;).
    In sweden we where having help from 2 guy's from the netherlands and one of them helped us with the datalogger and it's working ok now.
    We can see where the problems are and start to tune the engine and clutch better. It's our first time on these tracks and we need more runs.
    Grtz danny