Burnt Push rods

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by whosyrdady, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Herb, according to Terry Manton the Detroit Diesel peanut butter will not melt or dissolve when it gets hot so it may actually block the engine oil and cause one to burn a pushrod end. He recommends using a moly grease or lube that will let the oil in after the motor starts.

2. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

terry told me to pre-lube with this stuff from tech-line coatings. he sells it, and we have never had a problem since we started using it. i use manton pushrods and adjusters. (the ones with the holes in them) we run a roots car with 360 pounds of seat pressure with 3/8 pushrods (small cups). i think the key to the whole burnt pushrod deal is having the correct length pushrod. i know that everyone went to the bigger stuff for the screw blowers and higher seat pressure, but this works great on a roots car with 360 on the seat. we fill a small grease gun with the tech-line grease and force it in the holes in the adjusters before the 1st warm up. we don't touch it for the rest of the day. never had a problem after talking with terry. he is very nice guy to talk to, and will help in any way he can. hope this helps someone out there.

3. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

360 psi on the seat is ok for some applications

we now run 425+ psi on intakes

remember the boost and the size of the intake valve has a big determining factor on seat pressure

take the valve area x's the boost pressure and you need this much spring to overcome the boost pressure not including what is needed to close it

4. Danny Humphreys

Just curious, of those of you who have or have had problems with burning the tips for whatever reason, how many of you are running +.100 block with bae rocker stands?

5. TAF 316

TAF 316 Member