Bradenton Outlaw race

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wildbill, Aug 25, 2010.

1. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

you have to make the qualifing money worth the gamble to travel for instants i used to travel all over when it paid 800. to qualify 2500. to win even when i thought for sure i would get in the show i went home with my tail between my legs a couple of times but i won a couple also im in indiana i would gamble that i could get in the show for 800. and maybe able to win it and im 15hrs away at least. but for 250 i couldnt gamble getting in the show is one thing winning it is another i know its all a gamble really but you have to feel pretty good about your chances and still its a gamble i just work for a livin like most and have to bring a crew hell theres a lot of guys looking to race if its worth the drive with some bad fast cars you might get acouple of local guy to show up thats fast then end up with a few fast what i will call bracket dragsters there are a ton of them every where to get the funny cars and the 4.0s promod type and tad cars its about the money believe me i would love to come down there and race

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. wildbill

wildbill New Member

In todays economic climate I don't see that happening, if you wait to long it'll cost a small fortune to get your gear re certified + a set of trailer tires.

You have to realize you are asking a track/promoter to pony up $6400 for an 8 car field and $12800 for 16 + payout before you even have the event, that tow money thing will only work a match race and thats not what the OPEN OUTLAW series is about.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  3. smblkbob

smblkbob Member

Payouts etc

Good points by all.

2011 will be an interesting year for many races and circuits everywhere.

A couple I follow have not had full fields. Be it in the NHRA big show or regional events.
    Many, many teams have just decided to park it for a bit until their money situation improves.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had to cancel races due to crew not being able to make it due to jobs or fear of losing them if they take time off.

Many of us have crews that either drive or fly in on their own $$$ and that sense of having the spare money to blow just isn't there.
    I had to pass on Norwalk, Ohio this year for that very reason.

I'm sure the tracks are having the same "economy" issues which further complicates things.
    Any talk about increases in payouts has nothing at all to do with making money, it's about making it possible for many.

The Open Outlaw series is a great group and hope you get tons of cars for both the Nostalgia event and SnowBirds.

Bob

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

oh trust me im not knocking them at all i wish them the best i wish i could make it there i have raced there in the past and love it down there i know money is tight every where i know it is here in the mid west i did one race last year 3 shots for 1000. then dropped a valve on the last run well went in the hole there havent had any races this year due to money being tight for the tracks and used to do ten a year for me it do i let it set sell it are lose money tring to race i just dont know any more if some one figures it out let me know (lol)

5. wildbill

wildbill New Member

2yrs ago we had very few races down here and they were going to cancel OPEN OUTLAW, and thats when a group of us decided to organize and beat the bush and started a web site. The only thing I could say is work toward finding others in your region and beat the bush, and trust me its been alot of work but we have a snow ball in Fl that is rolling.

6. tj1471

tj1471 New Member

Open Outlaw

A couple of years ago open outlaw was almost like a match race and the payouts dident cover sh**. But like Bill said the snowball is rolling the payouts are getting better, the promoters and the spectators are enjoying what we are doing. When the open outlaws stage the spectators are packed to the fence they are standing in the bleachers they dont even stand for the Pro Mods (we are all having fun) are we all braking even ??, its getting better the promoters are seeing the value of all of our efforts and are working on the $$$$. In todays economy they all see the value of the show that we all put on. Nobody is going to hand us anything for free these days and if im going to spend my money I would rather spend it doing somthing I love. With a group of people of the same like mind that will bend over backwards to help you out to get to the staging lanes even if it means holding up staging untill we are all ready, this group puts a new meaning to the word TEAM EFFORT. I also understand that driving from the midwest will cost a boat load just to get here or for us to drive to atco or bg. Will we get to a point where we are payed to show up I hope so. But untill then we must all look at our $$$$ and spend wisely. This is the sport we chose we chose to run blown alcohol and run heads up. Now we might not have known what it was going to cost us to play so that is our burden but it is so much fun when we do get play.

Trevor Jones

7. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i agree you know its about the money for me i love driving these cars i just came back from indy watching friday night qualifing man do i miss driving these cars i hope i can make one next year good luck to all you guys running that deal