Brad Block Repair Wanted

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by TADHemiracer, Feb 21, 2015.

1. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Looking for welding and repair source around the Waco Texas area for a forged Brad block. Several windowed areas mostly. Any suggestions on who to use? Any problems with any of them? Thanks

2. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Send it back to brad. They will put it in a jig to weld it back together properly. I've seen guys fix em on a bench and shift the cam tunnel or the line bore be shifted and you never know until you try to put the crank back in. You will waist more money trying to fix a bad repair on a block that wasn't that bad.

3. overkill69

overkill69 Member

x2

BAE is the best.
    You'll have some resale value added also.

4. dcovey

dcovey Member

Terry Haddock is in Temple. He bought all of Rage's stuf to repair blocks..
    Sorry I don't have his number but I know he posts on here at times.

Dave

5. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Block Repair

Hi Dave,
    I did an internet search for Lone Star Aluminum Block Repair in Temple and managed to find a phone number but have not tried calling him yet. Looks like I will be sending it back to Brad anyways since they have the cnc program to redo the block, cylinder walls, sleevees, lifter bores and cam tunnel repairs back to original spec. I do still need to have some cam bearings installed in a KB block I have in the shop and to have a crankshaft magged, though. I will look locally for that.
    It was good to see you again at Little River Dragway on last 15th and getting my dragster chassis certed. Mine was the blown hemi dragster in the trailer. The one pass I made with it started out well but exited a couple of rods half track. I guess that is what buying used rods on Ebay will get me. Oh crap, I am going to hear it now!!