Blower pulleys

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by IGO1320, Dec 1, 2005.

1. IGO1320

IGO1320 T/D 2268

Hey guys stupid question, what is the difference between a 8mm GT pulley and just an 8mm pulley? Thanks.

2. andy wilfong

andy wilfong Active Member

the shape of the teeth

3. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

8mm

the difference is very small there is .008 difference in the htd belt and the gt belt tooth. the htd has a radius in the root of the tooth as the gt has kinda of a flat in the root of the tooth gt is patented by gates and they claim an increase in strength as the tooth of the belt enters and exits the sprocket.you can run a gt belt on htd sprockets but not supposed to go the other way. there is a theory that if you run a gt on a htd pulley the small air gap under the pulley allows the air to escape. not sure how much of this i believe as several people with psi snouts were using htd pulleys with belt problems once switching to a gt top pulley it helped the belt problem. typically gt pulleys are hard anodized as well for wear resistance as most htd pulleys are alum.

4. IGO1320

IGO1320 T/D 2268

pulleys

Thanks that answers my question, I am running a 1440 gt belt and have standard pulleys, so far no problems but am only turning it 5.5% over.