blower intakes

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by S-10promod, Aug 24, 2005.

1. S-10promod

S-10promod New Member

Has anyone used the indy manifold for BBC? How is it compaired to the BDS?

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I don't think you will see much difference. During the run since the motor is being force fed the manifolds will appear the same. Sometimes the plenum floor design will effect the idle temps.

3. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

I THINK THE INDY INTAKE IS SUPERIOR AND I SELL BOTH.
    THE INDY INTAKE HAS A HUGE MOUNTING PAD FOR MOVING THE BLOWER BACK.
    IT IS TWO INCHES TALLER WHICH DOES TWO THINGS IT GETS YOU INTO HEMI BLOWER BELT LENGTHS WHICH THERE IS WAY MORE CHOICES AND IT MAKES IT MUCH EASIER TO GET THE PORT NOZZLES IN AND OUT OF THE INTAKE. AS SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY WOULD RATHER CHANGE A PISTON THAN A PORT NOZZLE ON A BBC.
    ALSO THE PORT RUNNER DESIGN OF THE ADDEED HEIGHT I WOULD THINK MUST HELP BUT ONLY A GURU OF BBC SUCH AS ODDY OR FRED MANDOLINI WOULD PROBALY KNOW IF THERE IS A POWER DIFFERENCE. GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU NEED TO BUY EITHER I SELL BOTH. JR

[ August 25, 2005, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: RBS ]

4. hookinbull

hookinbull New Member

we just bought an Indy but haven't run it yet---ran a bds on gas with all the fuel thru the hat, so port nozzels weren't a problem, but there isn't much room to work with port nozzels on the bds----the indy is a nice, tall, rugged built piece, built for a retro blower---port nozzels are really accessable, and we will be using them on it----if you're gona buy a new one spend the bucks on an Indy