blocks

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by telrod, Sep 10, 2005.

1. telrod

telrod New Member

Can someone tell me the pro,s and con,s between running a standard deck or tall deck in afc. I know they use both, whats the theory. thanks

2. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

i believe the object of the tall deck is you can use longer rods and bigger stroke crankshafts to build the big cubes. jr

3. BLOWN INCOME

WE WENT TO TALLER DECK TO GET OUR ROD ANGLE BETTER

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

.100 tall is the hot set up in fc, but i think you're going to see more people getting away from that, at least on the nhra/screw blower side.

bottom line is if you don't have a big budget, you don't need to have a big motor/big stroke.

it goes back to the argument of cid vs boost per cid and rpm. while the fact of which is more beneficial, having the extra cubes (526) or having more boost per cid (smaller motors 475,496, 511, etc) is debatable, the one fact that isn't debatable is rpm is proportionally harder on parts as stroke increases.

so if you're on a smaller budget, running a smaller stroke motor and getting away with revving it higher will be of more benefit than a few cubes. you can make up for the lack of torque with a little bit more transmission if necessary.

if you're going to run roots, cubes and a tall deck might be the answer. if you got a big budget with a screw, cubes and a tall deck might be optimal. optimal performance with a screw on a budget will come with smaller cubes - big bore and short stroke.

just my .02

[ September 12, 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]