best inline fuel filter to run

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blown1020, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Flyingpig

Flyingpig Member

I dont run a top alky anything but I do sell System 1 filters. I dont have all the answers so I called out to the factory to find out.

2X4 in flows 10 gpm
    2X6 flows 18 gpm
    2X9 flows 24 gpm
    2X11 flows 28 gpm

I just bought a spin on for my Cat powered semi. The only rating for this filter was with 50 wt oil. That was good for 30 gpm. I cant begin to imagine how much alky would go thru the same screen(30 micron). If it was my car, Id hang a filter head on the frame and use the spin on and filter everything. The only reasons not to would be sanction rules and perhaps weight. If its a weight concern then have the driver loose a couple lbs!

2. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

Fuel Filter

For what it is worth. Lots of fast cars run filters. My experience is with a 2 X 9 System 1. Works great. Almost negligible difference on the flow bench. No matter how careful at a dusty racetrack, stuff will get in the tank. Not in a nozzle though. I hear good things about the inlines that JR sells. Too much money involved not to have one. Oil and fuel do have a different element.

3. Flyingpig

Flyingpig Member

I should have been more clear in my previous post. The flow numbers quoted for are with the fuel screen. System 1 uses 50wt oil in ALL flow tests no matter which screen is in it.