Beadlock Tire Tool

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by TOL, Oct 3, 2007.

1. TOL

TOL Active Member

In the back of my brain I seem to recall an article in National Dragster within the past year or two, talking about how to install tires to beadlock rims. In the article, it showed a neat little three wheeled tool for seating the tire. The tool sort of hooked onto the rim, and would be spun around by hand.

Have lost the article, and can't remember who made the tool :(.... Can anyone point us in the right direction?

2. H BROWN

H BROWN blown alky

triple t race products.

3. T.A.D. 776

T.A.D. 776 New Member

Thanks I want one too.

4. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

if a person could get me a very good photo of this item I could build this thing for little of nothing..I took a look at the web site for triple t and it looks very simple for such a large price tag. how many people would want this item?
    Dave

5. TOL

TOL Active Member

If you want another project to tackle too, take a look at their hydraulic beadlock ring clamp fixture. Nice idea, but not worth $3500. Could make a little portable manual deal, quite cheap, with either an acme screw center bolt or a carpenter's slide clamp. Wouldn't even need to have legs.

6. Ted Fasching

Ted Fasching New Member

Hey Dave,
    Why do you need a picture of this? If it is so easy to build why don't you get yourself a wheel and tire and figure it out on your own? Let's see how many you can build for little or nothing. Also, anybody that wants to build the hydraulic tire press with acme screws and carpenter clamps go right ahead, I am sure it will work the same. You know typical deal somebody can always build it cheaper and easier, until it comes time to do it and the project never gets finished. You guys spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to go racing for no return and you whine about a custom tool that cost $375.00. That is a long way from a hefty price tag.
    Ted Fasching
    Triple T Race Products

7. secondwindracing

well you might be rite but somebody comes up with the idea and builds it so whats the point...and by the way as for a good deal thanks for the nice new pair of crew shoes i bought off e-bay from you guys last year..it was a lot cheaper than getting them from simpson:D. Dave Lowe

8. eli

eli Banned

Hey Ted, maybe he can send the planes to China, then it will be cheaper like all the rest of the stuff they copy, and turn to shit. :mad:

9. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

Ted

It is good to see that People that make Products for the racers do come to the fourm to see what is going on.

Lanny

10. Eric David Bru

Yeah, stop by and post more often.

EDB

11. TOL

TOL Active Member

I think I got sucked into the vortex of something not anticipated, nor intended. I want to clear up any misunderstanding, right now.

Ted, I don't have an issue with the price of your beadlock tool. In fact I tend to think it is a pretty slick tool, not too far off the mark in terms of price versus utility, which is why I ordered one from you.

My "suggestion" at the forum (and it was merely that) was that a cheap/light/simple version of your full blown hydraulic beadlock ring clamp fixture (an all together different, but related, tool) would probably sell by the dozens, whether you made it or whether someone else made it.

In fact, I'm going to make one for my own use, but not for resale, just because I like the concept but can't afford the $3500 tag and won't need to be changing tires with the same regularity of a Top Fuel team. If you had a lesser priced manual version of the same tool in your portfolio, I'd probably buy it from you right now instead of making it myself. Likewise, if you had a lesser priced version you could probably move many units over the doorstep to all classes who use beadlock rims.

Hope that clears up any confusion. Life is too short, and the internet is too impersonal...........

12. eli

eli Banned

Bet someone can adapt an old wine press to do the bead ring manualy

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Cast-Ir...ryZ38172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  13. TOL

TOL Active Member

Now you're thinking Eli :).....

Hey, maybe you & me & Bob should go for supper at that Italian place down by where you guys live, where your picture is on the wall. I experienced great food & people there last year. Bob had me stuffed by the time we got out of there.

Take Care.

14. Ted Fasching

Ted Fasching New Member

Now I know why I never post on internet web sites. I think when you express your true feelings it could be bad for business. Maybe I was a little out of line, but when I was told about this web site I thought it would be a good way to get into a whole different market. But when I get here the first thing I read is something that rubbed me the wrong way. Trust me I know that it is free enterprise and anyone can copy or duplicate anything that we make. I know what it is like to be the little guy, and I understand how expensive racing is, and it is frustrating when someone tells you that your products are too expensive, when they have no idea how much time it takes to build this stuff. We have alot of neat things that alcohol/pro mod guys could use that the fuel guys have been using for years. Had some time to think about my post and I am glad to see some see it my way.
    Ted Fasching
    Triple T Race Products

15. TOL

TOL Active Member

Hi Ted. Glad you're here and you have some cool tools. Keep the ideas and offerings coming........

16. secondwindracing

Ted 'am very sorry if I came across wrong also, I am in the roller skating biz not the tool biz .we have a machine shop just for our use only..never would I step over any bounds and make tools for resale, I'am just a racer on a very tight budget..as in 0 sponcers...so once again I am very sorry if I said sometime wrong,,Dave Lowe.......p.s. hope I still see you on here,take care

17. eli

eli Banned

Ted, you should get a hold of Will Hanna and put an ad on this site I'm sure there are plenty of guys that would use your products. don't worry about what some say, we like to flap our lips for no other reason than to keep the mind sharp, you know we don't want to get Altizemers.

18. TOL

TOL Active Member

Ted's tire tool showed up at my door. Securely packed, and very nice craftmanship. Well worth the $$ spent. Problem now is that all my buddies want to borrow it :).....

19. Bob Perkins

Bob Perkins New Member

info

HI TED
    do you have a web page or anything i can get ahold
    of that shows me what you have available,sounds like
    you build things for a racer by a racer.i would just go
    hunting around on the web,but i dont think its a good
    idea for me to punch triple anything in the puter let
    alone ttt,
    BOB PERKINS

20. secondwindracing

his web site is triple t race products.com and yes they have some of the trickest tools out there.Dave secondwind racing