BBC block mounted starter

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by WIZBANG, Jul 14, 2009.

1. WIZBANG

WIZBANG Member

So two 12 volt batteries are wired as:

Batt 1 positive to Batt 2 negative
    Batt 1 negative to ground Batt 2 positive to starter

??????

2. GregM784

GregM784 Member

Bingo Wizbang.

3. RUGSTER

RUGSTER New Member

Starter issue's

I HAD a Toyota "Landcruiser" type starter on my SBC with a HH/Retro 14-71 at 12 over and it struggled to start on a BIG amperage 12v battery. I use a 6.5 Amp S/mag and don't think it was turning quick enough to fire!
    Someone suggested 24 volt and....Man it turns fast:eek:
    Catches straight away:D I recently built a new engine, and this one has the Hitachi brand starter on it. I think they are rated at about 3KW. This also works fine on 24 volt to start. The dealer i bought it off guaranteed it would start or money back! They don't look as pretty as the other "name" units but they DO work. Apparentley they use them to crank big inch mountain motors with plenty compression?
    Jason.:)

4. WIZBANG

WIZBANG Member

Great, THANKS guys !

5. badbird

badbird New Member

chev tilton mini starter, 24 V no problem on a brad 6 with a new 14/72 hh blower and msd 44

6. SCO1035

SCO1035 New Member

Starter

Hi Darren, old thread l know, but can you hit these small starters with 24 volts with no problems, or do l need to buy the 24 volt csr starter so as not to fry the solenoid?

7. blownhemi1

blownhemi1 New Member

I use a csr platinum mini starter. I hit it with 36 volts all day long. Never had any trouble with it. I use 3 small john deer batteries. They last all day on sunday and boy will they spin the motor fast enough.

8. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

starter

Mezeire I had a small problem on mine sent it back needed it in a hurry, they corrected my mistake tested it and shipped it to me that day, Only charged me 2nd day shipping. Let me just say, that is almost unheard of now adays. They will have my business, from now on. I do not know of any other manuf. that will do that with a starter. Don

9. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

you won't have any problems with any of these with 24V.....and they are alot cheaper than the Mezeire. i have a 2....1 is 8 years old and the spare is 6. i have also set a few up with a CVR, from Jegs...had great luck with those as well. any questions please feel free to ask.
    Darren

10. SCO1035

SCO1035 New Member

Starters

Thanks mate, come thru for me again!

11. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

starter

You may not of had any problems, but you needed to buy 2 of them + where is the service. I have been there. You only get what you pay for. I am just letting people know what is there. Buy anything you want.

12. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

Don....
    so far...(knock on wood) we haven't needed the spare. the spare was given to me by a friend....hard to pass that up. everyone has an opinion, and i value yours.....i just feel that some things are over priced for my budget.
    Darren