Barrel Valve Spool

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Trickie67, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Trickie67

Trickie67 Member

I am running a blown alky and just gotten me a carbon fiber hat and then the barrel valve wont clear my offset drive with the magneto so I moved it to the right side of the hat (with me sitting in the cockpit) and turning the spool around and found that it don't work that way. So I was wondering if anyone knows a company that makes a custom or special or does make a spool to work on the right side of the hat? I cant run it off the cam driven cause there is no room to run dual drive for the magneto and fuel pump so I am hoping someone knows someone that makes or sells them or even make me a custom one. And if all else fails I guess I will put the bird catcher back on to get it running so I can start racing in the meantime figuring out how to work something out for the right side.
    Thanks for any input.

2. altered8

altered8 Member

3. Andy C

Andy C Member

Spool

Call enderly, they can sell you the spool you need or BV. we run r/s BV

4. Trickie67

Trickie67 Member

I did call Enderle and they don't make rotation spool for the square barrel valve and asked about the K style and rotate it but didn't recommend to do it.

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

offset

Can you move it back with an offset mount then make a new linkage arm?

6. ta455

ta455 Member

7. Trickie67

Trickie67 Member

This is just a mock up to see how it works. I cant mount it back cause the length is too long so this is 6 inch forward. Is it safe to mount like this? My concern is the fuel line is close to the magneto. Also where can I get longer turnbuckle? The blue line is just for barrel valve leakdown test. I do run braided lines.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa217/Trickie67/photo7.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  8. Frank Kramer

Frank Kramer New Member

If this is a BBF you can move the mag to the passenger side.

9. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

That should work with a thicker adapter plate and a longer turnbuckle. If I may I would suggest a K valve. That will allow you to move it back a fair amount as the secondary faces forward instead of down in the box BV. The K valve also give you unlimited straight shot fuel flow.

When the time comes I can make the turnbuckle in any length you need.

Dave Koehler
    http://www.koehlerinjection.com

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  10. Trickie67

Trickie67 Member

No it is small block ford a 351 SVO stroked out to 410 and either if it is bbf or sbf I cant move it to passenger side cause of the interference between the belt and the magneto. I did try it tho. I didn't have problem with my bird catcher hat but with the carbon fiber hat it sticks out little farther which now cause me problems but like you said yeah I plan to use thicker plate. I just wanted to see what I can do or how it will work before I waste too much time making something that will not work. I will check into the K style valve.

11. Trickie67

Trickie67 Member

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  12. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

13. Trickie67

Trickie67 Member

Does anyone have any kind of offset drive that is bad or worn out or in need of repairs that I can use to mock up and see how it works before I spend close to $1,000 just for a offset drive then I have to convert the fuel pump to clamp style not bolt on.
    Thanks