Barrel Valve Inlet fitting with Screen?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Blown5402, May 19, 2013.

1. Blown5402

Blown5402 Member

Who makes the barrel valve inlet fitting with the screen made in it and where do you order them? Does anyone run them, instead of inline fuel filters? Do you think it would be OK? THANKS! Jim
    931-580-8804 or csmjimbkyle@bellsouth.net

2. Blown5402

Blown5402 Member

THANKS for the replies-RBS Superchargers has them!!

I had several replies to my e-mail address and wanted to send the info on to everyone else that needs it too. RBS Superchargers has the premium SS better screen to use. I had seen them and had forgotten, but much info is out there for all of us on the forum! THANKS! Jim

3. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

we use one and love it but be careful you dont loose it when you down service the fuel system...it is like $75.00..we are on our 2nd one..Dave

4. noiraude

noiraude Member

i m using one before the K valve,and one before the fuel pump inlet for extra safety(using industrial methanol...)

5. sune

sune Member

filters

I dont use them i just filter the methanol going into the tank. industrial methanol here too

6. underby6

underby6 Active Member

Filter

You cannot beat an inline deal, I have personally seen that filter (drop in SS) come apart many times and do serious motor damage. System1 makes a great inline deal and you'll never have a problem with it.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #323
    Torque MGMT. - Owner

7. larrymiersch

larrymiersch Member

Xrp

XRP has an inline unit also. It is actually much, much smaller than the system one and others. It is very similar to their inline scavenge filter but with a different element. The whole unit fits in the palm of my hand. No flow issues at all. Give Dustin a call at XRP and tell him I mentioned it. If you like you can e-mail me and I will forward you a pic.

Regards,
    Larry
    rlmiersch@aol.com

8. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

I agree with Brandon. Just put an inline filer with a stainless element and be done with it. I went with the seven inch long system one and have never had a problem. Rage fuel systems recommends an inline filter also.

9. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Are you talking about these falling apart?
    http://www.rbssuperchargers.com/Products.cfm?pn=2600-0019&pID=6550

10. underby6

underby6 Active Member

11. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Hmmm, that sucks, we have 6 of them and after noticing they make -12 I was thinking i should get 3 more!

Anyone else having issues with them?

12. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Never had a problem with them coming apart or have seen or heard of one coming apart until Brandon just posted about it.

13. underby6

underby6 Active Member

I've seen two different things happen a few times. First was the screen was either out of round, fittings was out of round, or it wasn't seated properly - when it got tightened down it broke and was wedged in the BV. The other instance was something got into the tank of decent size, hit screen, and broke it. The motors went lean and some damage was caused, I know many run them with no issues though. Unless you are looking for every ounce, an inline deal is a very good option.

Brandon

14. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

After I had a sliver of aluminum plug a port nozzle and burn a piston I decided it would be a great idea to use one of the barrel valve screens. This was until a piece of rubber hose became dislodged from the suction side of the pump. The good news was the screen stopped it. The bad news was that it was large enough to cut the fuel enough that it blew the supercharger off. We switched to an inline after this because if the piece had hit an inline filter it wouldn't of plugged if enough to notice a large pressure drop. In addition to the inline filter I triple filter the fuel as if goes into the tank.