barrel valve for ProMod

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by general23cmp, Jul 7, 2007.

1. general23cmp

general23cmp New Member

Quick question...

For blown alcohol ProMod use, the Enderle K-valve is pretty common. What spool is typically used in it, the methanol spool or the nitro style spool. I know this answer may be the logical one, but I wanted to check with you guys...

2. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Hope this clears up your question:
    What you are refering to as a "K" valve is more commonly know as a "nitro style" meth valve, as a carryover from the old square billet with no provision for a pump saver check valve.
    Of course there are two types of methanol spool, one for a roots and one for a screw. Also it helps to know the hole size in the casting that aligns with the hole in the spool. MANY are NOT what you think. Which is why you can not rely on someone just saying set the barrel at - -%, it should be flowed !

3. general23cmp

general23cmp New Member

There are also spools for nitro as well, though, right? I am looking at a barrel valve that someone is selling that was used on a nitro car, and am wondering if I will need a different spool for methanol...

4. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Then the best bet is to buy a new one. To even wonder about it isn't worth the hundred bucks you might save.
    They're about $250. brand new..........

5. ta455

ta455 Member

whats the difference between a roots and screw spoolvalve?

6. general23cmp

general23cmp New Member

I was wondering the same myself...

I just want to know if anyone is using the nitro spool for methanol use, or if everyone is using the methanol spool in a k (nitro style) barrel valve...

7. Hal Westerlund

Hal Westerlund New Member

Spools

Hi, From The little I have learned over time... The holes in the spool are generally altered for PSI use and it affects the ramp up of the fuel system. Generally the v slot is cut out and the hole in the bottom shaped differently for alky. when you buy them new, the nitro spool is the alky spool, its what someone does outside the manufacture that makes the difference. Best to buy new, or from a fuel system builder to get what you need, or do like the rest and buy now and enjoy the learning curve (NOT!!!!)
    May not help, but 2 cents is all I had.....
    Hal Westerlund