baffles in hat

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by rick macedo racing, Nov 26, 2009.

1. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

Is anyone playing with air baffles in the injectors for air flow.
    Rick

2. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

yes I am, what kind of hat do you have? I have one baffle setup for a birdcatcher that I would sell.

3. Outlaw68

Outlaw68 Member

very interesting subject and I know lots of guys use them. I just dont have a grasp on the how's or why's of them yet. Anyone care to esplain???

4. mbaker3

mbaker3 New Member

Me too! "splain to me":confused:

I have a blown SBC with a Bird hat. What would these modifications do for me?

5. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

air flow

I don't know if you will ever get a answer. It's like tune up's we all spend alot of money to get close, then alot to get it right. Then you will never get it all, because I may have to race you someday. Also no one's the same. If it is a screw, you want to force all the air up front. I don't know that much , but unless you are running heads up, think about what it does and start playing. Hell all you can do is blow it up! And we all have been there. Remember about the speed and deep pockets. Good luck Don

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

air

basically you're trying to manipulate where the air goes into the supercharger and help the supercharger's efficiency.

7. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

send me your email and I will send you some pics of a enderle hat I just finished for a guy...I think you will like it Dave

8. Outlaw68

Outlaw68 Member

I wasnt looking for the secret reciepe to KFC.. Just curious what effects it had. Does it change when the blower makes boost? Quicker, slower, etc etc..

Email is HOWEMOTORSPORTS@YAHOO.COM

Thanks to all.
    Jim

I have heard of the shoe's in the blower, and would love to learn of the effects.