BAE to bruno drive

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by shubox57, Jan 30, 2008.

1. shubox57

shubox57 New Member

I have a Bruno Drive that fits a chevy and want to mount it to a Hemi. Any help on an adapter or something? Thanks :confused:

2. MIKE REYNOLDS

MIKE REYNOLDS New Member

Adapter

Coan Converters Makes A Nice Adapter Comes With Mid Plate Adapter Starte Fly Weel An Crank Spacer For Around 1000$

3. Flyboy68

Flyboy68 Member

We run a bruno behind a hemi...we got our midplate and block saver from Tim McAmis. It's pretty nice stuff and it has the chevy bolt pattern already drilled. If you call up there talk to Randy, tell him Josh @ Chance Transmissions sent ya. Hope that helps!

www.timmcamis.com

Josh

4. H BROWN

H BROWN blown alky

I second Coan, works perfect in my hooptie bruno/chevy and TFX hemi.

5. chuck weck

chuck weck Member

what did you have to do regarding mounting the starter on the coan deal? any mods or just drill and bolt up?

I am setting up a tfx hemi to bruno and have all the coan stuff, just want to make sure I mount up right...any other tips on install?

thanks

6. Sledge

Sledge Poor

Browell & trick titanium both make SFI Cans that have a Hemi trans/block pattern to Bruno pattern. They both can be ordered with starter pockets. The Trick Titanium was around 3000 and the Browel steel was 1250 I think. Thats been a little over a year ago though. There is a guy in NC/SC that did have a New Browell for sale. It was on here, I don't know if he still has it or not!

7. flash

flash top alcohol

bell housing bolt pattern

although it does not help you with your issuse right now,keep in mind CN Hemi billet blocks come with a duel "chevy-Hemi" bolt patterns on there blocks,both patterns on one block,so if your changing over from chevy to hemi,or the other way,your bellhousing will bolt right up to the block with out additional expence.

8. H BROWN

H BROWN blown alky

Chuck, just a tip on the TFX. I had no problem clocking the starter and bolting up, but had a major problem with the inner row of converter bolts I had to mill a pocket to access the inner bolts thru the starter hole, and had to mill a complete circle in the mid plate so the heads of the converter bolts do not drag the plate. also had to exchange the stands on the mega 2 piece converter to adjust the dept of the pump. easier for me to show pics or tell on the phone. call me if you want to save a lot of pulled hair. I learned the hard way, but it was worth it when I finished. howard 512-413-2971

9. chuck weck

chuck weck Member

thank you Howard for the tips, I am gonna mock up in about a week and I would love to call you to discuss at that time...

most important, did the converter drive WORK well at the track?:confused:

any tips on when/how much timing to whack out?

gear ratios?

regards
    Chuck

10. H BROWN

H BROWN blown alky

Chuck, my hooptie is nothing special, just a garage car thats all steel and heavy 3220#. we run a best of 4.41 at 169.9 with only a few tire shake passes on a very mild tune up.
    No high speeds and timing fixed at 38. this was a 2 speed 1.68 first and 4.10 rear with a 33.5 tire. we made over 60 runs with zero trans problems.
    Tore up 2 flexplates due to shearing bolts because I did not use the good top fuel ARP bolts and second did not torqe correctly, they need about 120# to stay tight.
    I have taken about 250# off car and building a floater rear end so we can turn the motor up this year. you might want to get some tips from the faster lighter guys, but I will offer anything to save a fellow racer all the headache I had. howard