BAE Starter location & Starter

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by ProMod83, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ProMod83

ProMod83 Member

Hey guys new to the hemi deal, been a chevy man just crossing over now. Wondering where the starter mounts on a brad motor? Is it the passenger side down low like a chevy of driver side up high like a factory hemi? Also what starter do you use CSR?

Thanks,
    Billy

2. old school

old school Member

starter location

It,s your chose, right or left. mounting low on mid plate.
    what ever will work for you.

3. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

ours works great on the oil pump side....use a 168 tooth ring gear and a regular chevy starter. if you need any help, let me know.
    Darren
    [​IMG]

4. br22bob

br22bob Member

5. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

Bob.....its a standard CVR chevy starter,almost 4 years old. we use 24 volts and have never had a problem. part number is CVR 5323M i think i got it at Jegs
    if you have any questions please let me know, i will help you out if i can.
    Darren
    937-776-7542

6. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

starter

Coan Engineering's got a trick kit that includes a rear motor plate that has a circular cut-out in it on the right side for a Ford type starter so it bolts to the plate & you can rotate it to clear all the crap that's usually in the way, and they can supply a 168 tooth flywheel from Reactor. The starter they supply is a 'Tilton Super Starter' .
    I've used the kit for many years, starter holds up well (12V unit that I force 16V into) & fired up the 44 amp equipped Brad everytime, my only problem has been the Reactor flywheels.
    If I'd do it again I'd just buy the motor plate from Coan, and get Mezzaire's 130 tooth flywheel & their starter...less teeth mean stronger teeth, and they build the best.
    Clif from Canada, and yes, it's f%@*ing cold up here...

7. br22bob

br22bob Member

Thanks Darren !!!!!!

8. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

starter location

I went through this last year. I used Mezerie starter and flywheel. They are not cheap, but there billet flywheels are a piece of art. You have a few different ways to go with them. I used there Pro Mod package. There starters are built for you, Mine is a 168 tooth flywheel and the starter bolts to the mid plate. Mine is on the pass. side, and with the larger flywheel I can use my diaper with no problems. The car and motor is apart now or I would give you a few picks. There are a few places to get the parts you want. Shop around. Try G force race cars. They do it for there Pro Mods all the time.and they are right there in Buffalo NY If you have a door car call them. Good Luck Hope it helped I know it was a pain when I did it for my dragster. Don