BAE 5 Cylinder Head Questions

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

We're looking at finally getting some BAE 5 heads to replace our old beat up BAE 4's. I have a couple questions.

- Do the valve covers from a BAE 4 head fit on the 5's?

- Do the rockers and rocker stands from at BAE 4 fit the 5’s?

Also, is there anything else that we may run into other than headers that will be different???

Thanks!

2. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

everything is the same including the headers only part different is ex valve

3. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Thanks Lee,

I was originally told the header flanges had the ports in a different location (higher or lower I can't remember). We actually got some flanges sent up from Brad and they do look different than our current ones. If they're the same then that’s even better, we still need to build another set of headers anyways and needed flanges. Just means we'll have an extra set of headers which I suppose is probably a good idea anyway.

One more question to all of you - do these heads want more or less fuel than the 4's?

4. KJC

KJC Authorized Merchant

The chamber is smaller on the stage-5, (about 10cc.)

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Because of the raised exh. port the hearders from fours will bolt on the 5's but the ports in flange will not match up. I have both fours and fives and have to have headers for each.
    Everything else is interchangable.

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

IF i remember correctly the header pattern on both heads are the same but the angle is different.