Attitudes? All new to me...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by BAD Sis, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Kim,

I quote you "Sad isn't it, How come no one has posted anything about how fabulous those 20's were by the AFD cars?
    Kim

It's comments like that that don't sit well with me. Whatever, it always happens anyways. Are we stepping on any toes yet because I have more....

2. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Rob,
    That comment was not a personal attack on you or even for any specific team. I was not even knocking how they run, I was just pointing out what a difference in the reaction you got from people (fans,crew,owners,driver,etc). Yes, our car has run well, but look at the difference in how people reacted when we ran a 20 and when ANY A/FD ran a 20. That was my point. Believe me I did not put that up there just for you to see or make you mad. If you will notice, if I have something to say to one person, I usually name them right up front. You may have not liked it, but it was not personal. Hope that clarifies things. I think that is what this board is for, to let everyone have a place to voice their opinons. Doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong, but I also don't think just because we don't see eye to eye on things that we should not be allowed to voice our opinons or have people think it is a personal attack.
    Kim

3. Wendland

Wendland Guest

O.K...... [​IMG] Good luck in Vegas and Pomona.

Roberto'

4. BAD Sis

BAD Sis New Member

Hey Rob- It's me , your new friend. No, really- I really am trying to learn some stuff here. I have gone back & read alot of the posts. I have to admit that is funny to get every ones panties in a bunch with a few words. But, anyway, what I guess I'm trying to figure out is why everyone's so nasty- meaning a-fuel VS blown. If they are in the same class, why is everyone fighting against each other? I used to go to some of the races (just as a fan in the pits) & it always seemed like everyone were friends. Helped each other out when someone was short handed & with parts & stuff like that. Maybe it was all an act?? You tell me. Are you a fan, or racer or crew etc. ? What do you see or hear from the teams? Is it all teams or just a few that go at each other? Is it the owners, sponsers, what? Let me know, I guess you to be a owner/ and or driver, to be so passionate about it. Oh yeah, my guess its an a-fuel car...ha ha
    sign me..curious & wondersome in the north east............... :confused:

5. Bob Orme

Bob Orme New Member

...please forgive me Will and anyone else reading this. I have a problem with plastic people, I much prefer real people.

"I really am trying to learn some stuff here. I have gone back & read alot of the posts."

You have some serious comprehension problems.

"I have to admit that is funny to get every ones panties in a bunch with a few words."

"But, anyway, what I guess I'm trying to figure out is why everyone's so nasty- meaning a-fuel VS blown. If they are in the same class, why is everyone fighting against each other? "

"I used to go to some of the races (just as a fan in the pits) & it always seemed like everyone were friends. Helped each other out when someone was short handed & with parts & stuff like that. Maybe it was all an act??"

...you must have been lying when you said you were new to all of this.

"Are you a fan, or racer or crew etc. ?"

Bob [​IMG]

[ October 16, 2003, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Bob Orme ]

6. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Yeah, What Bob said....

7. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

What DID Bob say?????...LOL

8. Bob Orme

Bob Orme New Member

Oh no Kim! It's contagious!!! LOL!

Bob [​IMG]

9. BAD Sis

BAD Sis New Member

Bob- What? Sorry, I don't get what your trying to say. It's all new to me.. meaning the blown vs. a-fuel battle. I don't even know if there were a-fuel cars when I used to go to the races, and that was very few. If there were, there wasn't a big distinction between the two. (that I ever heard of) Maybe it was going on then, but I just didn't know. I have never been on the forum boards before, so that too is new to me. When I started watching the races again & got interested, thats when I started looking for info on the internet & found this site. Read alot of the post etc. So , yea, it is new to me. It was baffling to see such a battle. So, I ask you the same questions that I possed to Rob, which by the way he didn't answer. Or are the drivers/owners (or whichever you guys are) not interested in getting the fans the real information. I would like to say that the times that I had been in the pits ( a while back & just at one race this year) that everyone seemed very friendly to each other & the fans. I would really hate it if this was all an act & in your words "plastic". :rolleyes:

10. Bob Orme

Bob Orme New Member

...donno if I should really respond to your post sis. ...but I will, at least partially.

First, your screen name choice might indicate that you are related to a BAD driver. Nothing wrong with that, but when your first post to this forum is an online assault on an A/FD driver/tuner, the innocence act is transparent.

If you had read a lot of posts here, you would have known who Rob is and what he does/has done.

Second, why would anyone who doesn't have a dog in this hunt post notes that attack someone they supposedly know nothing about with comments like "I'd rather be eaten by wolves than look like a jack ass.", "By the looks of your posts, you indeed must be a lonely, lonely man. Too much time on your hands..or is that something else on your hands???" and "Does no one else get the idea that Rob is using this forum for his own manly needs to be justified? Come on already Rob, get out the measuring tape & prove what a large "member" you have."

....I'm gonna stop there for now.

Bob [​IMG]

11. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Bob, from what I read, BAD sis came late to the party, and is trying to catch up on who is dating who.
    The reason I havent responded to the question were because I figured however PC I tried to answer them it would probably seem like I was taking sides about the AFD-BAD.
    But I thought a lot of the questions were for Rob, and it was no ones business to asnwer those except him. Maybe when they said "alot of post" they didn't mean "ALOT OF POST". LOL
    Bad, to answer one of your question (from ME, can't answer for everyone) but truely I think most of the teams still get along. We all spend so much time together I think we have to, or it would be really unenjoyable.(word?)
    Most will help with anything you need. I know it doesn't seem like it on here, but MOST of this never rears it's ugly head at the track. There if there are any problems it is with personalities, but you have that everywhere.
    My husband has drove/owned/tuned our car for the last 19 years. 17 of that in the TAD class.
    We were never really competitive until about 2 years ago (because of buget). I have been racing/crewing/whatever with him since he started. Hope that helps, But even if you found out info about people, I don't think it will matter, people are who they are, and we all have opinions!!!LOL Kim :D