Attention Funny Car Racers

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by MrMoparRacing, Jan 3, 2006.

1. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

The Funny Car Fox Hunt returns to Norwalk Raceway Park on May 27th and will be run on the UDRA format. There will be around 20,000 - 30,000 spectators to promote your sponsors in front of and Norwalk will have the track preped like a National Event so it's like free testing in front of a packed house. If you would like to participate you can contact :
    Hal Canode - Board Member
    UDRA Funny Car Circuit Director
    519 West 9th Street
    Marion, IN 46953
    765 662-8501
    Cell: 765 517-1789
    Hal Canode did not post this, I'm just trying to get as many teams as possible aware of this great event.

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

payout?

whats the payout? screw blowers?

3. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

I do not know those answers, you would have to contact Hal Canode at the phone number above or Bill Bader Jr. @ (419) 668-5555. Good Luck and I hope to see a lot of you guys there as I will be racing my Dodge Dart in Modified.
    Drake Simmons

4. NervesofSteel

Hi Will,
    UDRA does allow screw superchargers. As far as payout, Hal or Bill Jr. are the men to talk to. Typically, a one shot qualifier and fast 8 race for the money although if there are enough cars commit to be there I'm sure they would have no problem adjusting the field and payout accordingly. Usual bonuses for low e.t and top speed as well.
    Mike Etter

5. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

I just got done talking to Mark Thomas and he said that since there are not any IHRA Hooters Drag Racing Series National events around May 27th that he will be at Norwalk Raceway Park for the Funny Car Fox Hunt. For those that don't know, Mark has a set of stands named after him on the Bar's Leaks side of the track. Are there any other Funny Car racers that are planning to make it to the Funny Car Fox Hunt on May 27th?

6. Tim Stevens

We will be there, new car, new motor, new SPONSOR, new everything! Wait till toy see this new one! Time to get to work! Tim

7. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

That's great news Tim, this should be a great event and all of you guys should be able to sell lots of tee-shirts. The regular UDRA guys are tough and fun to watch but with the addition of you and Mark Thomas and some other hitters that might be reading this should make this one of the best Top Alcohol Funny Car shows for the fans on the East Coast. Good Luck to all!

8. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

Tim, building yourself a new chassis and getting a new Roush Composites 2006 Dodge Stratus body is too cool. I can't wait to see the IHRA's first Dodge Stratus Top Alcohol Funny Car! Good Luck in 2006 and I'll be seeing you at the Funny Car Fox Hunt and the Skull Gear World Nationals Presented by PPG Automotive Finishes! Will your new engine be a Newberry / Veney HEMI?

9. BLOWN INCOME

OUTLAW SUPERCHARED MATCH RACERS: ALREADY HAVE THREE RACES BOOKED AT QUAKER CITY RACEWAY(SALEM,OHIO) 1/4 MILE IHRA TRACK.FEW RULES ARE: NO OIL DOWN AND RUN FASTER THEN 6.99 OR YOU LOSE HALF OF YOUR YOUR PURSE,ANY TYPE BLOWER,ANY TYPE BODY(F/C OR ALTERED). MAY 6,JULY 1,AUG.5(IHRA NIGHT OF FIRE) CONTACT EMAIL:thedragshopp@aol.com

10. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

The Funny Car Fox Hunt/Jet Car Nationals will be here before you know it. May 27th is the date and I hope to see a bunch of you guys there! Good Luck to all!

11. DQUES

DQUES Member

Should be a huge turnout . Both Comella cousins will be there , John Bojec , Thomas , I also heard possibly Atchison , Todd Veney posted on another site he might show also . I would not doubt if Poyser shows also . It is a short drive to Norwalk for a lot of people so I would not be suprised to see 15-20 cars show up or even more .

12. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

we have plans for norwalk also.

13. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

Funny Car Fox hunt

It's a great event , We have had a great time in the past when we were able to attend . We unfortunately cannot attend as we have another race committment for that weekend . Sounds like should be fun for all !

14. DQUES

DQUES Member

Maple Grove ? .

15. Ro Yale

Ro Yale Member

Where to Fly in To!!!

Where can I fly in to commercialy to see this race?
    Thanks, Ro

16. DQUES

DQUES Member

Cleveland hopkins ?, I would guess about a 50 mile drive to the track .

17. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

Norwalk is really easy to get to from Cleveland Hopkins Airport. You just hop on 480 going west and that turns into Rt. 20 which is a straight shot to Norwalk. If you wanted to take a charter plane the Huron County airport is at the end of the shut down area and you could actually walk to the track. Any other takers on this great event?

18. Alky F/C Fan

Alky F/C Fan New Member

Payout for F/C

Anybody got the word on payout for Alky Funny cars for this event?
    Also this being a Bader facility, How much to race, crew etc. This should
    be killer but we are a pretty good hike from there (been there before)
    Anybody besides us notice the price of diesel lately? LOL

19. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

Here is who you can contact in reguards to the payout.:

Hal Canode - Board Member
    UDRA Funny Car Circuit Director
    519 West 9th Street
    Marion, IN 46953
    765 662-8501
    Cell: 765 517-1789

I am also pretty sure that there is not an entry fee because Mark Thomas had told me that it's free testing for him.

20. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

Attn: John Hart, it was great to see you testing at NRP last season and it's even better that you will be at the Funny Car Fox Hunt. Would you happen to know of any other competitors that are planning on showing up? I'll see you at the end of the month!