Anyone Tow From the Blower?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Flyboy68, Aug 24, 2010.

1. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

i'm going to have same issure with my door slammer;;to low to pull off chassis due to glass front end;;my extimate weight will be 2600lbs to 2800lbs;;would i be ok pulling off blower?also love to see pics of pull mounts
    hotrodharley@citlink.net

2. Andy C

Andy C Member

Towing

We did tow from the front the worst... Made a push bar that mounts with a quick pin under the parachute mount... The best thing we ever did... oh yea we put a horn in the, now a breeze trough the pits!!!!

3. tda14329

tda14329 New Member

Tow

We use to tow. Went to a push bar. Pro mod style of car. No more hanging out the door and trying to rip the hood scoop off. Just seems much easier. Also you can pull the car backwards out of the pit area if needed. We push with a golf cart, the car is low so the crew guy can see over top of the car when he's pushing.

4. outlaw02camaro

outlaw02camaro New Member

we just went through all this and did the push bar setup. havent gotten to use it, but seems like a good deal. we made a mount under the chute mount to drop a pin down through the push bar. 2 old wheelie bar rod ends, and your good to go...we'll see soon enough how it works...

5. excessive

excessive New Member

6. GTPerf

GTPerf Member

we pull from the blower never any trouble at all, but our driver and tow driver are pretty smart people :) have used the the push in the past and its good too, just never try to pull it backwards that doesn't work

7. tda14329

tda14329 New Member

Tow

To pull backwards you have to be outside of the car and steering it along side. We use it for pulling the car out of along side of the trailer. You have to watch your door and not catch it on anything. If your in the car you can't see anything. ( my car) It seems to work for us.

8. aj481x

aj481x Member

You need to have a tow point on the car that NHRA can use to assist you off the track when you stop short. Might as well get it right because they are not going to spend a lot of time protecting your fuel lines, etc.

9. d jackson

d jackson New Member

towing from blower

how about a removable 1/2" male square drive like a rachet with a quick disconect button/with a eyelet to hook the tow strap to
    insert it in the end of the blower snout after the run/remove it after towing
    keep a extra in the car for emergency hook up
    d jackson

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010