Another Question

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Racer, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Racer

Racer New Member

What is the best way some of you have found to bring in a sponsor? Write a letter, talk to you company yourself?

2. was R4K

was R4K Member

The best way is the one that WORKS! lol
    seriously- I think networking comes out on top- Gotta be face to face with the person who can say yes.

3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Do your homework. Know the company you're soliciting for sponsorship -- their products, their markets, their business strategy and goals. Know how they're currently advertising.

Understand that it's not what the company can do for you but what you can do for them. There has to be a payoff for them to put up the money. Understand that you're competing with other forms of advertising for this part of their budget.

Be prepared to explain to the company how sponsoring your car will improve their business. Will it increase their sales? Will it open new markets or increase penetration in existing markets? Be prepared to explain how sponsorship will be more effective than -- or an adjunct to -- their other advertising avenues.

4. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Be fast and win races, that usually helps.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

[ December 20, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: ch3no2 ]

5. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

Spend some time teaching about Dragracing. Take them to a race or two. Take out the ear ring, cover the tatoos (I had to)Ad. guys are a little stiff. Know the demagraphics of NHRA and IHRA and how it fits with the possable sponsor. Us spell check (I realy have to by looking my posts)It is slow, I have been working 2 years on the one that I will be signing with next week. Never burn a bridge Everybody knows somebody. Say thanks even when you get a NO. Always follow up with a call after you sent a package. Rember to send out letters on how you have done (We us a news letter with our other sopnsors names and logos on it. Try to us the Marketing Partner not sponsor, it says we are helping each other not just one way. After you get a Marketing Partner keep them informed and DON'T LIE! DONT OVER STATE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE OR WILL DO! It not just the car that is a tool, The Truck, Team, Uniforms, Trailor, The way you speak to people say a lot about your team. Remember Richard Petty did not win a race for the last 19 years he ran but everybody love him. He had the smile and a way to touch anybody young and old.
    This is just the start. After you get a Marketing Partner you have to work as hard in maintenance as you did to get them.
    Thanks
    Bob