Aluminum BBC

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Grumps, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Grumps

Grumps New Member

Hi all i currently have a 481 rodeck which has damage whats a good replacement, whsts good for around 2000bhp running a 1471 kobelco, whats your views on an iron dart big m block would it be up to it?
    Thanks guys0

2. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Might give Jon Kyle a call at apd carbs. He developed the Brodix aluminum block and has had great luck with em.

Grumps likes this.
  3. DQUES

DQUES Member

New Century if you can swing it , get the 1/2" head studs and .904 lifters . Very nice piece ! .

Grumps likes this.
  4. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

I second the New Century or an old KB olds with the Chevy head pattern. You will need a new oil pan and gear drive but they will hold anything you can throw at them and used to go for $2500-3000 all day long though the market may have dried up. Best wishes

5. Neil Morley

Neil Morley Member

I agree with the new century, very nice piece and will handle all the horsepower you can throw at it, and lowel at new century is very knowledgable and helpful and just a pleasure to deal with. It's a much stronger platform than the brodix aluminum block with double cross bolted mains and 1/2" head studs that go down 5" into block ( less distortion) . It's a very nice piece!

6. Grumps

Grumps New Member

Thanks everyone just as a matter of interest how much power would an iron dart big m block take