Alky vs Nitro

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Fuel Cars, pissing you off is more fun than I ever imagined! Anything else?

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

fuel cars,

cosistency doesnt matter when you are consistently a few tenths behind cars that can consistently run .20's and low .30's.

like i said earlier, the consistency you refer to that blown cars win rounds with is when the a/fueler breaks or has a bad run.

3. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

What will tomorrow bring to the Alcohol consistency deal? Will Blown cars pick and run the low 30's and or will the AFD's continue to run the low 30's or better?

4. Devin Nickle

Devin Nickle New Member

Ummm, If'n ya can't beat em' join em'? I swore I would'nt be "dragged" (pun intended) into this morass of self-pity and whining, but here I am. I am not a so-called "bench racer". I have worked on both a TA/FC, and AFD. Both have advantages and pitfalls. The bottom line is- Go quicker, and faster than your opponent to win the round. The folks down in Glendora say AFD cars are legal. They "suck" at altitude and hot conditions. Blown cars eat parts to be competitive, but make their own atmosphere. I know for a fact, if an AFD tune-up is a micron off, it may as well be a mile. To all you "blown" guys- TRY TO TUNE ONE, "I DARE YOU". Quit wallowing and fix your own shortcomings. Stop trying to slow the class down because other people are "finally" running well and you are'nt. Oh, and consistency is a huge part of drag racing. (low qualifier all 3 rounds, top speed, Mission B.C. race 2, out round #1, 2 "BLOWN" cars in the final !) P.S. Nitro makes the hair on my neck stand-up, Alky never did that.

[ September 07, 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Devin Nickle ]

5. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Well Devin, I think NHRA agrees with you.

6. Will Hanna

Staff Member

devin,

if you're such a tune-up wizard, "I DARE YOU" to make a blown car run teens and low .20's in 2000+ ft of air.

last time i checked there are some pretty damn consistent a/fuel cars leading the points.

7. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Your right Will, a Lot of the Fuel guys like to say how easy it is to run .20's with a blown car. Just that the Blown guys are just too LAZY! It was so easy they switched!

8. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

Hey what's-his-name, you didn't piss me off, I'm just thankful that you are here to share your vast knowledge of A/F vs BAD tuning tips, and enlightning us with your true wisdom of drag racing, NOT! Your posts offer NOTHING to ANY topic being discussed.

You don't piss me off, in reality, whenever I see you post, I feel much better about myself knowing that if I ever lose all of my memory, there will still be somebody on this planet that will still know less than me, YOU!

Will, your statement pretty well defined consistancy and it's importance, but, I don't agree that the A/F cars are "consistently" running .20's and low .30's. I did state that the A/F leaders do have an advantage. I just think there is more to this than the obvious.

9. Devin Nickle

Devin Nickle New Member

I am hardly a tune-up wizard, but I've seen too many torched heads, split rods, and melted pistons to count. A/fuel cars are so sensitive to any little change, consistency is almost impossible. (Ask Dick Lahaie about consistency, he's never run a 4.40 lap!) Blown cars wear out parts because of RPM. A/fuel cars destroy parts when you miss your setup. That being said, there's nothing like a clean pass from a fuel car. It's a beautiful thing to watch. You can win the battle, but lose the war.

10. Will Hanna

Staff Member

like i said, take a look at the top 5 and tell me again about a/fuelers not being consistent.

11. Will Hanna

Staff Member

fuel cars,

you dont have to agree with the top a/fuelers that are winning the races being consistently in the .20's...its a fact.
    pomona - bartone and lucas .20s
    vegas- altitude- bartone and lucas .30's
    houston- bradshaw teens and .20's
    gville- reichert and bartone .20's
    atlanta - reichert and gallant, .30s in the heat
    etown - bartone and bourke .20's
    columbus - hot, bartone .30s
    topeka - hot, reichert and bradshaw teens and .20s
    seattle - hot, bradshaw .20's
    sonoma - hot, bradshaw .20s
    brainerd - hot, bradshaw...
    indy- hot, bradshaw, lucas, datweiler .30s

[ September 08, 2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]

12. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Fool cars, since you know how many races I've been to, how many racers I've met. I guess your a Genius right, NOT! I just realized what an Idiot you are!

13. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Inception-2001 a BAD has won the Championship every year!

It is just the non BAD's turn right now...

KB

14. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

You don't realize how ridiculous you sound do you?

15. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Dan, Truth or not?

KB

16. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

That is the problem Kevin. You think that because the AFuel cars struggled before, that they should have a .15 - .2 advantage now to make up for it?

Equality is the only way this class is going to survive. How many more Blown cars do you think are going to sit at home next year? How many full fields can we expect if more and more cars stop racing. If you/we/everyone wants this class to succeed, we need to have each combination have an equal chance of winning each and everytime they come to the starting line.

As it stands now, that is not true. The best blown car/combination in the world can not compete with the Best Afuel car/combination on a national event non altitude track. Just the same, the Afuel car is at a disadvantage at bad corrected altitude tracks. The thing is, they are closing the gap on that front, while they are pulling away at the national event level.

Sincerly
    Dan

[ September 10, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lynch ]

17. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Dan Lynch:
    "That is the problem Kevin. You think that because the AFuel cars struggled before, that they should have a .15 - .2 advantage now to make up for it?"

Dan, All I am saying is we struggled when BAD had the advantage....I'm not trying to make folks mad here...I just feel that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander....The AFD's have come around YES...but, AFD was always behind in years past....we found that .15 True, but some BAD's have also lost .10-.15! That is NOT the fault of AFD runners...so why should they be slapped because they found a tune up and some BAD lost some tune-up?

Peace, Kevin

18. was R4K

was R4K Member

kEVIN- your track record at mission speaks volumes when the best of the best BAD's such as Shields or Hentges still can not approach it under the very best of conditions.

19. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

WAS...Yes we had a .43 in Qualifing....I was lucky enough to have beat Brian Hough in the first round running that .31 but lost however to Mark Hentges in the semi's ...we ran another .43 Mark ran a .42 I think....oh well it was a blast for sure!

Oh and NO I did not plan that .31...I was at the right place with a close tune-up at the right time! Trust me when I say we had NO clue it would run that number....in fact, it has not done it since!

I think Duane was running 268 mph that weekend also.

I will say this....After we ran that number, I saw and heard just how my "Brotheren of TAD" feels/Felt about us AFD racers...I will say this...when I made the move to fuel...I lost a lot of friends (so called friends anyway) and gained a heapin spoon full of enemies!

Peace, Kevin

20. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Kevin, you call a 5.77 by Ed Vickroy in 1992 struggling? Or a 5.48 by Keith Stark in 1995? Or how bout Rick Henkleman losing the Championship to Rick Santos by 10 pts. 2000? I don't call that being lost!