Alky vs Nitro

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Aug 17, 2003.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Say what you want about unfair advantages, but Bradshaw was there for the taking. Haley broke and Bradshaw ran in the 6's, and Wells redlighted away a sure victory.

The blown cars won in div. 7 as well.

Good luck to all racers at the divisional races next weekend.

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

thats just the thing wolfgang...they have to break or screw up to beat them. there's no such thing as just outrunning an a/fueler with a blown car anymore.

3. Max Power

Max Power New Member

I have to second Will's comment. The Fuel cars have a two tenths advantage headsup in good conditions. If meyer wanted, that car could run a 4 at some place like Maple Grove.

4. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

I agree that a/fuel does have an advantage at this present time under most circumstances.
    Darien/Lucas struggled at Sacramento and several a/fuel cars ran better than they did and, as posted, there were a pair of blown cars in the final (a big congrats to Joey S. - that kid can drive!)
    But there is no a/fuel car on this earth that is close to running a sub 5 second pass. Meyer's car runs awesome to the 1/8 (on the 5.13 from last year with Ormsby I believe it went 3.41 @ 231 mph) but did not finish the run on 8 cylinders. With Bradshaw this year it is more of the same. Before we ran him in the final at Sonoma he admitted they hurt it to run 20's (watch the tape of the semi's at Sonoma and you'll see what I believe was a torched head towards the end of his run). I think someone will eventually get there (depending on what happens with the rules) but it is likely to be several years down the road.

5. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

I think as the rules stand now, the blown cars are a money pit! Screw the consistantsy, any car that can run a 5.13, 5.17, and who knows how many 5.20's has a HUGE advantage. I'm glad I don't compete in that class! Go TAFC!

6. Max Power

Max Power New Member

The 4 is just around the corner, the ONLY thing that would stop it is a change in the rules.

7. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

I think that if an A\F got that close to Top Fuel times, NHRA would step in. How would you sell a Top Fuel show to T.V. and the fans if Pro Sportsmen cars were almost as fast?

8. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

That's why I think the IHRA's idea of running A-fuel cars and TF together would never work!

9. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Joe, what class DO you compete in?

KB

10. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Sorry Kevin, Some of us fans aren't rich like you!

11. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

LMAO Rich????????????? you should have said..."Sorry Kevin, some of us fans are not as stupid as you" I wished I had a dime for every dime I spent on drag racing!

I was gonna get a deee vorce till the judge told me I had to give her HALF! If that judge thought I was gonna break this 20 dollar bill he was nutz!

Still married! and I have $8.37 left!

KB

12. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

So what are you saying? It doesn't cost $250,000 to go TAD racing? That's more than I have!

13. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

KB
    </font>[/QUOTE]Same class as the Joker's Wild car in 2003.

14. 400lb Gorilla

400lb Gorilla Super Comp

15. Max Power

Max Power New Member

I Gotta second that.

16. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

KB
    </font>[/QUOTE]Pat you are right...I have had to sit out for the past 2 seasons ( poor economy and the lack of sponsorship made that decision easy)....With that being said, I will disqualify myself from any other discussions on this topic....I will be back to share insight when and only when I am driving my car again! Pat/Rodge, please accept my heart felt thanks for you helping me finally see the light! Maybe I will be back next year when I have a drivers point of view!

I would not bash the AFD folks tho....if'n you have a problem....1-800-GLENDORA! I once knew what it took to make one of these run....

Don't hate us cause we're different.....

Peace everyone,

Kevin Brown
    Spectator 711

17. was R4K

was R4K Member

Well Kevin- I feel for ya, cause it's BETTER TO BE A HAS BEEN than a NEVER WAS BEEN- No one can take away what you did!
    We all run into Grandstand Crew Chiefs, but the only guys who know the real story are the 2 teams on the starting line- Sure is fun to guess and speculate though! [​IMG] And even us racers become spectators, cause spectators contribute to most of the fun-

18. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

KB

------------------------------------------------

</font>[/QUOTE]Pat you are right...

Kevin Brown
    Spectator 711
    </font>[/QUOTE]I know, but thanks for acknowledging it.

19. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

I know this site is about alky cars, but, the same thing has been said of LaHaie/Dixon, or Anderson. What Will stated has been around since the beginning of racing.

And whoever said screw consistency has no idea what they are talking about. Running a killer number once or twice may put a smile on your face, but it will not get you to the winners circle.

I agree with Max Power and Funnycarbob, the A/F leaders do have an advantage and when they run in the 5.0's, that is when NHRA will step in. NHRA will not allow a "sportsmen" class run the times of a "pro" class. But, the "fix" maybe worse than the "problem".

And Pat, main difference between Kevin and what's-his-name is Kevin HAS a car. He knows what it takes to build and maintain the car. Kevin has invested his personal time, financing and dedication to that car. The car may not being raced right now, but, atleast it is there. Kevin has raced that car. What's-his-name has only raced his mouth and keyboard. He has no idea of what it takes. All he knows is what somebody else tells him. He knows nothing first-hand.

20. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

FC, thanks....But Pat/Rodge is right..I am not currently running my car so I am spectator! ....
    I hope to be racing soon in TF and my son (Ty) in TAD oops....AFD but until the funding is secure....Spectating is the best I can do!

Thanks again for the support! But please don't get into a pissing contest on my behalf.....trust me....I am NOT worth it!

peace, Kevin
    BTW...Love your graphics!