Alcohol Funny car final rockingham??????

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by mtigges, Oct 27, 2003.

1. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

Les

But you said the IHRA is FUN to race with. I'll bet Mr. Tigges doesn't feel all warm and fuzzy about Bader and the IHRA.

Mr Tigges got screwed by the lights. The IHRA should have fessed up to the mistake.

2. The Zone

The Zone Member

I don't think the nhra would have done anything either.

3. mtigges

mtigges New Member

We are working harder than ever for next season.IHRA, Will be at the Rock IN April,well be removing all the saftey features from our weapons.

4. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

Mark are you implying that your going to race on 8 cylinders instead of 7 this time? See you at the Rock in April.

5. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

Hello Mr. Imjustafan
    Being relatively new to the TAFC world I try just not to step on any toes but in Canada when the ref makes a call good or bad you live with the desicion. I'm with Les and i hope that Mr. Tigges agrees that when he get's a gimme no one gives him a hard time about it! Hopefully the IHRA reads this posting and revisits thier timming system in the off season. Happy to be here,JDD

6. Barry Ferriolo

hay dudes-we ain't talk'en about stick & ball games. there are no "gimmies" by the "refs" in drag racing.

7. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

jd

All I'm saying is that it seems that people put Bader on a pedestal when compairing IHRA to NHRA. The FEW racers that I have had the priveledge to meet have not talked that highly of him.

NHRA has its problems but so does IHRA.

8. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

Bill Bader , Is not in any way shape or form the way to rid yourself of the political problems of unhappy racers and unattentive sanctioning body officials . He is however approachable, involved, and in ways that can soundly produce a revenue very attentive! Name 1 NHRA upper tier official who is considered to have any of those traits. I am of the same opinion as all TAD-AFC racers, we bring the Center ring of the Circus and a good many of the clowns/animals that fans want to see , and I disagree completely to paying the entry fee that he charges. I hate the lack of purse increases , the huge travel schedule additions for all racers , the mid season rule changes , but the fact of the matter is that WE believe in IHRA' product and it's recent growth enough to support it.
    If the NHRA product was growing at that rate and we had the Ability to market our sponsors wares without the continual political unrest , we would ! But if there is an option we must always consider it , we just happened to chose the path of least resistance . We are open to try anything that will Increase our ability to learn , create awareness for our Sponsor, and most importantly a place to have fun !