alchohol races on tv

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Tommy, Nov 24, 2003.

1. T.Smith

T.Smith Top Dragster

There is no chance of seeing TAD's in IHRA. Bader had a class called Pro Top Outlaw a couple seasons ago. Some of the good cars were running 5.90s and 6.0s and he cancelled it because he felt it had no appeal to his fans.

Never confuse good racing with a good show for the fans.

2. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

T. Smith, I thought Bader got rid of Pro outlaw because of low car counts? The only way IHRA will add another Pro catagory is if a Major class sponsor is lined up! Oh I forgot, Billy Meyer tried adding TAD when he owned IHRA in the late 80's!

3. T.Smith

T.Smith Top Dragster

Pro Outlaw Class Will Not Return To IHRA In 2001
    Car counts weren't an issue, but you are right about purse.

[ November 28, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: T.Smith ]

4. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

tjenna We were on our best pass ever . Looking at the data we got the pass would have been between a.34 or.35 . But luck wasent on our side the main fuel line at pump came apart. Got a nasty bath of alky . lucky no fire or hurt parts. Mike

5. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

Bill Bader will be looking to showcase a new class this year and the economics and fan appeal will be the pivotal factors in his decisions . This is the last year for Top stock, He will replace that slot in the saturday night of fire program with Fuel altereds, Junior fuelers ,A Fuel Dragsters or possibly would listen to a Blown Dragster package ?? You don't know till you make a proposal Based on the fan appeal, Reliability of the class, potential sponsor support, and of course R.O.I . I know one thing for sure NHRA will not change the status, position or treatment of the competitors, because in the NHRA world You need them . The IHRA idiology is they need the competitors ! The same is not the answer , trying something different is , just my thoughts.

6. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Thanks Mike.

Glad no major fire or issue and good information/data for next year.

Love to see the blown cars run career bests.

Anything new for the combination next year?

Happy Holidays

7. Smokey

Smokey New Member

les mellows...IHRA had several chances to pick up TAD as a complete category and a chance to get A/FD as a class. What happened? He used the A/F cars for a show at Norwalk , payed out absolutely NOTHING to the racers and said no-thanks. Typical shyster promoter's trick. Bader could care less about alcohol or injected nitro dragsters or any class that doesn't make him money. The IHRA is a joke and could give a shit about any sportman classes. He has ELIMINATED three sportsman categories in the last four years. Bader's idea of a drag race is a jet truck, nitro cars, pro-mod's, and fire works. If you think the IHRA is the answer you are either blind or stupid. The only reason why the IHRA is in Canada is because most of the tracks in the states are now wise to the IHRA smoke and mirror tricks and he can't gain any new ones.

[ November 30, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Smokey ]

8. The Zone

The Zone Member

Smokey you are full of crap!!!as usual: Must be that time of the month (sorry ladies, but he (or she) has a habit of this stuff on a monthly basis)

Dean

9. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

I don't think theres any reason to challenge anybody that already appears to be somewhat challenged. But to Mr. Robinson or Mr.Bear (sorry only 2 smokey's i know ?)You are the Answer I was expecting , negative, self loathing, incorrect and non fact based. The classes we were discussing was Pro and it was as a night of fire exibition class to start out. I believe I said a pivotal factor was whats in it for Bader and the Prospects that he wishes to develop ( possibbly as a class ). Smokey since you have all the answers and such great positive outlooks on racing , I suggest that you start SHRA (smokeys hot rod ass.) rolling and keep it going for the next 10 years with just a 1 percent growth and nobody along the way being hurt, I'll then believe some of what you are saying . Until that time stay quiet and no one will think there is anything wrong with you .

10. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

Smokey, I think your comments were way off base! I'll admit that I think it's bogus for Bader to to Charge Pro racers to compete! That I don't understand, but the IHRA FC program has come a long way! I think I saw 2 all 5 sec. fields this year, that is Impressive! Having said that, Les when you guys gonna run some NHRA races?????

11. T.Smith

T.Smith Top Dragster

This is true.

12. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

problem with tad in ihra is what happens when your 8 car tad show has a quicker bump than the t/f show?

then again, on the flip side, it may generate more excitement...

13. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

SHRA

Hey they have a SHRA Racing Is the oldest sim drag racing online league and we dont need any one like him there

Lanny

14. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Thank you Mr. Bellows for proving my point by making the statement "whats in it for Bader".

Speedzone boy,as always,you know less than most on this website..what exactly was your point?

15. The Zone

The Zone Member

continue to hide behind your bogus handle Smokey.
    The IHRA is a very good alternative for some racers. I certainly don't think it is better than the NHRA, afterall they don't have tad, but the competitors don't seem to have too much of a problem with the smaller alternative based on the numbers at Norwalk and Rockingham in the pro classes even having to pay an entry fee. Watch their pro show Smoker, with the exception of IHRA TF(which is getting better), their other three pro classes are as good as any NHRA pro class, Pro Stock easily as good, TAFC, eithout a screw blower it is pretty fast and always has a full field, and Pro Mod is as good as any professional class.

16. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

Guys with TAD in Alberta Looking to sell to buy a Funny car or Fuel car would there not be enough intrest to set up TAD at the rockies like the 7.50 funny cars as a demo to garner intrest?

17. The Zone

The Zone Member

Ya, but I think the 7.50 funny car deal paid less than 750 to win at Edmonton. I think. Jay how much was it. 500.00?
    Dean

18. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

We would be one of the TAD teams from Edmonton that are looking at buying and running a TAFC, and although we know where lots are, we can't really do much about it unless we get some funds from a fairly major sponsor or get money from selling the dragster for the initial set-up costs.

We were in contact with IHRA tech department long before the national event date in Edmonton to see if we could even squeak into Top Dragster, but the answer we got was a firm No. Our motor-supercharger combo was too big (14-71 Roots on a 511 ci motor), we weren't allowed to have a clutch, had to be a converter, and also we had to be self-starting...just too many obstacles and too much money to change things just for one race. It was pretty disappointing too when we went out there to watch and help tune a TAFC that there were like 5 or 6 cars in that class, at a national event.