alchohol races on tv

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Tommy, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

i saw the alchohol races from Pamona on espn sunday and it really pissed me of to see the final was no race. both cars were shut off and Mike Kofeney said he only had 30 min's to get his car ready then there was an oil leak. Dennis talor's car was smoking when he shut it of and Buckie won. the best race was the a-alterd vette that ran the nastalga dragster and ran a 6.62. at least they didnt shut off. 30 min's caused the teams to have no time to get there cars all ready for the finals or what?

2. Scott

Scott New Member

Something from DragRace Central:

"After we got back from the semifinal, there was an NHRA official waiting on us back at the pit," said Taylor. "He told us that we only had 30 minutes to get ready for the final. That is an unacceptable amount of time to try to prepare one of these cars to race safely. We have to do nearly the same work as Top Fuel team that is guaranteed 75 minutes with a professional crew. All of our help is volunteer, but my guys had it ready to fire in 28 minutes. Nonetheless, that's still not acceptable for us to be put through that. We need to have guaranteed time as well."

3. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

NHRA does piss on the alcohol teams.

Been there and have been.

4. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

Taylor should write an "offical protest" to nhra (purposely not in caps) and copy the sanctioning body's insureance underwriter as well as Bob Fry. Going on record is the first step. I myself would join in an effort to make it known to any and all nhra officals, that it's extremely unsafe to any alcohol competitor. After all whenever the top dog, Wally Parks speaks about the sanctioning body, he states one of their purposes is to provide a "safe" race. It ain't safe to prep a 250plus mph vehicle in only 30 minutes. I guess the ability of the Safety Safari is what the officals rely on when such stupid descisons are made.
    definishion of stupid: when one "knows" better through learned experience, and yet takes actions to the opposite.

5. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

I'm glad Mike Cofini addressed the situation on Natl. TV. Maybe Graham Light will pull his head out! :confused:

6. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

They don't want the cars to oil down the track, but they don't give the time to check the rod bearings etc.?

Makes a whole lot of fu'kn sense.

It is bullsh't. Someone should kick the shit out of a couple NHRA officials.

7. ROF

ROF Top Dragster

If the pissing match between the TAD and AFD guys would not have happened, maybe TARA would have survived.

We needed and still do need a voice in NHRA. A TARA type organization was our best hope. Until an organization is formed to represent ALL of the TAD/AFD/TAFC teams then we will continue to be shit on.

OK, the NHRA has announced their new rule, now make a decision to shit or quit. Lets work for a SOLID class involving TAD/AFD/TAFC. If you feel that you can't compete within the rules then make a change or quit. We have alot of other issues that need attention now.

I realize that I have most likely pissed some of you off by my post, but sometimes the truth hurts. When they handed down the blower overdrive rule on TAFC most bitched about that rule. Now those cars are running just as quick and have reset the record. How did the TAFC guys do it...they had no choice...they had to find the power.

Lets all become SOLID as one....

8. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

Sounds Like you guys need a day away from the job of racing with NHRA. For the Funny car guys Not happy with NHRA and their monopoly of the mind , You should invest in your happiness and the sport and give the IHRA a try ! On time , up front, showcased ( don't tell me about your TV deal ,Ive seen it ), very personable, and your competitors are your friends . Now having said that , Its low paying , Fun, competitive, and very structured , Did I mention FUN ?
    Now for the AFD - BAD cars you need to stop talking in an empty room full of people ! (NHRA offices) The NHRA does care about the series sponsor , but not you guys personally or as a class . Take the whole Class to Bill Bader and Sell it to him, If he can land a series sponsor for a few races or you bring one he may be able to endorse a select few exhibitions ?? You never know ,he is a promoter and a fine listener. Say does NHRA have any listeners at all ? or Maybe just a room full of dick tators .

[ November 27, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Les Mellows ]

9. was R4K

was R4K Member

Food for thought Les- food for thought!

10. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

Hey guys
    Calm down count to ten boys they don't call it the Nazi Hot Rod Association fer nothin'. WE have fun we go fast we get paid how could life be better. Listen to Les he's a smart guy, the IHRA is as laid back as they come is more than accomodating and a blast to be a part of. If you aren't having fun then why do it? I'm already counting the days to the Rocky Mountain Nationals, screw christmas We're going racing.

11. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

P.S.
    I do like the NHRA but politics ruin alot of fun stuff and the fun factor at NHRA tracks seems to be alot lower than it should be.

12. was R4K

was R4K Member

jdgmtl1- wait till you get to RACE CITY! [​IMG]

13. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

Les, until the IHRA allows the PSI, I doubt very seriously most TAFC racers will Change their entire Combination to run IHRA. Second, the Top ten enjoy a NO entry fee to compete in all Natls. and most Div. races.

14. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

I would love to see TAD at IHRA races again.

15. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

F.O.R. F.Y.I. t.a.r.a. is still active we are looking for more racers support and imput Mike Kosky

16. ROF

ROF Top Dragster

Mike-if thats the case it sure would be nice if TARA might,
    1. put out some kind of a newsletter trying to recruit new members

2. post something on their website to the same effect

3. let their members know they are alive and kicking and that they could help in the recruiting effort

4. inform its current members that PARITY is not going to be a priority any longer

If TARA is alive it is a very weak effort.

[ November 28, 2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: F-O-R ]

17. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

Mike, even though I didn't think TARA was dead, they've been Very quiet lately! I think F-O-R's right, they need to get aggressive in recruiting new members. A Quarterly newsletter would be a Huge step!

18. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Mike,

Nice run at the grove. What happened in the final? Were you on a good pass?

Tjenna

19. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm not sure but didn't they make ihra run roots to keep the costs down slightly saving money can be fun right?
    That's what my wife tells me any way. jdd

20. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

Just wondering how hard would it be to see tad in the ihra?