alan johnson heads???

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hemi altered 378, Jul 30, 2005.

1. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

i was wondering if there was anyone out there running alan johnson alky heads? i know that the majority of the fuel teams use his stuff, but haven't noticed any of his hemi stuff on alky cars. all i see is brad and veney stuff. has anyone tried johnsons alky heads? can someone give me some feedback?
    thanks,
    darren

2. BLOWN INCOME

WE RUN A 481AX IN A FUNNY CAR /ALTERED..RAN HIS HEADS LAST YEAR ON A HEMI..EMAIL thedragshopp@aol.com

3. bulldog6

bulldog6 A/Fuel #4

Conway has AJ on Torrence's car

4. BLOWN INCOME

will be down your way Sat.Aug.13 for pro outlaw meet at kil-kare..BIG RED FIAT..if you have not got any answers to your questions..will be testing new convertor in columbus on the 7th.

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

AJ is making a new fathead style head that will replace the BAE-5. The only cars I have seen them on in TA is the A-fuel cars. These heads have ports that are designed for a naturaly asperiated engine. There are quite a few using them. Don't confuse these with the big chamber fuel heads.

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I wonder if Brad would agree with that statement? Everyone is trying to replace Brad's heads, but the last time I checked BAE heads still hold the records.

7. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

RAndy, I am not making a judgement about the new AJ heads. Only that they will accept all the parts from the BAE_5 fathead and that they were designed for a nat.asperated engine. Some think that the a-fuel cars would perform better with a head that was designed with ports more suitable to the a-fuel application. I run the BAE-5 heads, although I will say that I looked for a head with similar ports to the AJ. The fact was without spending lots of $$$$ there was nothing else out there. I dought that you will see any new T/A dragster records in the near future with anyone's heads because of the rules changes.

8. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

My experience is that AJ supplies better guidance than Brad... maybe because Brad has more customers

If the heads are equal in performance I would go with AJ

Only other issue is resale

[ August 12, 2005, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: tjenna ]

9. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Pretty well all the heads out there will work. They all have their advantages and their drawbacks. Pat Austin proved that the AJ heads could win. I don't believe it is the parts as much as what you do with them.

10. Crew

Crew Volunteer

We used to run the AJ stuff, then tried the WAR heads. They make plenty of power but, they are just not designed to survive with the rpm we're running these days.

If the new AJ heads are designed for a-fuel, the blown cars may still have the same problems.