? air over electric senders?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by bruce mullins, Jun 14, 2004.

1. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

where can i get the sending units to trigger the pro mag timing control box with air pressure. it needs to be a normal open unit so i can retard timing down track.

2. Hemi Parts

Hemi Parts Top Fuel

Bruce:

Call me please.

Bill Ancona 817-563-7222

3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I use switches that Bob Brooks sells. They have provisions for an air fitting on top, one terminal (common) on one end and an NO (normally open) terminal and NC (normally closed ) terminal on the other. They are very light and very durable. You can set them side by side and they take the shake very well. I put them in DT's car and he's got many miles on them.

4. Danny Humphreys

5. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Randy G, how do I get hold of Bob Brooks.

Danny Humphreys, where is the MSC catalog are they listed. Do you have a MSC part number?

6. Danny Humphreys

Mike, Last time i chaecked they had them, can't find 'em, now. For a normally closed switch use Mr Gasket part # 7872 (cost about $13), for a normally open, use autometer part # 3241.

7. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Thanks, I looked in by MSC dream book and couldn't find them either. I know they are there somewhere.

8. Danny Humphreys

Mike, I went to the auto parts store and got a couple of idiot light senders. They have 3 prongs and you can pick either normally open or normally closed. They are preset for 3-7 lbs, the burst pressure on the Hobbs switches is 750 lbs. i'll be trying them out this weekend on the air solenoids and i'll let you know how they work. Best part is only 6 bucks.

9. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

hi bruce i use a brake light switch the old style run by brake pressure it has a 1/8 pipe on it you can take a female fitting and put it right on it and wire it in. its normaly open and you can wire it in to the box. if you need more info call me at 207-793-2078 thanks

10. Danny Humphreys

Bump for Nitro Madness

11. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

I have built several six shooter timers and pressure switches. I use a hobbs which you can get at your local parts store. The one I use is NO and has a 50 lb. opening pressure. I was afraid to use the low pressure switch as bad things can happen when it only requires 3-4 lbs to close the contacts.