Afd -----------> 95% ???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Les Mellows, Mar 18, 2006.

1. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: t/f hair dryers

of course not. THEY RUN NITRO

2. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

I guess i could get an A/Fuel car and then say who cares about the blown cars. Let us a/fuel cars see what we can do and don't restrict us. So what if the blown cars can't keep up maybe they will just go away.

I can't be that selfish myself and still look at myself in the mirror.

3. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Whether your a Blown car fan or not, the fact remains the Car counts have dwindled Bigtime in the last 5-6 years.

4. mike dakin

mike dakin New Member

waste of time

The nazi's have you guys right where they want.........and they really don't care...........all of you racers need to boycott, that will get their attention and then and only then can you deal with them because the power is now in your corner...........then work out a way to seperate the class.............racers getting together and boycotting a few races........never happen and the nazi's know it!...........guess all you can do is shut up and race.........or quit...............

5. ITS IN MY BLOOD

BACK TO REMEMBERING....
    why they took the PRO out of pro sportsman

6. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

No Comment , To Busy Working On Race Car , & Racing "hint"

7. Sean D

Sean D New Member

Hey Guys. Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Yeah, Mike, you pretty much said it all. I've heard that argument crop up in conversations covering almost every Sportsman level class in Drag Racing. A boycott would be absolutely awesome to see, with the reaction from the "nazi's" being the only thing more awesome to witness.

You guys are light-years above my head technologically, so don't tear me apart too bad on my first post. But as a huge alcohol racing fan and aspiring driver, I sure would like to see something happen for the better of the group. I've heard alot of talk surrounding cost comparisons. BAD's are hard on valve springs, AFD's have ridiculous fuel costs, etc., etc., etc.. But if you compare the two combinations from a cost standpoint with all things being "equal" as far as racing the two with no real catastrophes over the course of a race weekend, does one combination have a significant financial edge over the other? If so, it seems like most would want to lobby for a long-term move toward that combination being exclusive, since there also seems to be alot of bitchin' about cost of racing in general. Am I right in assuming that no matter how much bitchin' there will ever be regarding racing cost in general, that a move like this would never happen simply due to the fact that there are too many purists on either side of the fence unwilling to go the other's way?

At the end of the day, maybe it just doesn't matter and this controversy (or any controversy for that matter) is what keeps people going, I don't know. What I'm afraid of though, is if in fact the fields are significantly reducing in size as was said, then something obviously needs to be done and maybe it's time for one side or the other to make the sacrifice for the long-term betterment of the class.

Remember folks, I'm new here, so take it easy! LMAO!!!

Sean D

8. The Zone

The Zone Member

Darren, Blown car count has dwindled for sure. But over all at Divisionals (except for Div 2), the car counts are as strong as they have been in a while. Nationals don't see 30 + cars any more except for Vegas and Joliet. The texas races used to get 30+ for three or four of them (when there was four). Indy gets good counts as well. The class is not dead, but there is definately a switch for blown to injected for sure.
    If the NHRA would listen to what the real rule changes should be then there would not be as much disparity as there is.

Dean

9. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: a past quote

and why does it seem that more a/foolers are appearing??? and converting over too. maybe that just shows the more logical choice. I DINT SAY THE BEST, but hair dryer or a/fool, you got to see the logics of a/fool. re: valve springs for 2 to 3 years, 50 runs on rods, minimal rod kicking, 5.20 @ 270 + mph. seems in past, pro comp days to the 80's and early 90's, that blown hair dryers were the choice. maybe its just the evolution. some one figured out how to make 421 ci of naturally aspirated v8 powered rear engine dragster run 5.10 @280mph. ISNT THAT SICK? now just let it all work itself out, make your decision on cars, work hard, go race.

exculude what our choice of car is. can we all look at the business and logical choices that we have the opportunity to make that per run, excluding the change over and initial investment, that one could be a financial advantage over the other? PLUS WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST, OR WE WOULDNT BE RACING. some of BEAUTICIANS see a significant performance advantage. or we wouldnt have this issue of parody would we?