AA/FUEL ALTEREDS ON EAST COAST

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by FAT HEAD JOE, Nov 25, 2004.

1. FAT HEAD JOE

FAT HEAD JOE racer

OK heres my deal or what I'm up against, early this year my brother and i set out to put together ihra funny car we have a brand new brad motor with a roots blower, my son Joey who is 17 now will learn to drive my dragster with this motor while the funny car is being built. now that ihra is going to the 8 car field which will make it more tuff, we dont have the nickels and dimes to run in NHRA at this time, and i no theirs a lot of racers out there who are in the same boat so heres my question would any body be interested in match racing fuel altereds on the east coast if there was enough of us out there I'm sure we can get booked in at a lot of tracks. i am still going to run a ihra funny car, but what's the big deal about putting an altered body on a chassis.run like 25 or 30% nitro an maybe limit the blower size to a 10 or 1271 could be a lot of fun plus most importunely keep us racing, I would like to hear you pros and cons on this. Joe

2. prosportchoppers

prosportchoppers alcohol dragster

I THINK THE IDEA OF A BLOWN ALTERED CLASS IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED A LONG TIME AGO. MY IDEA IS TAKE YOUR BODY OFF YOUR FUNNY CAR AND PUT AN ALTERED BODY ON IT.ITS THAT SIMPLE. YOU DONT HAVE TO RUN FUEL. YOU CAN RUN THE SAME MOTOR AND COMBINATION THAT YOU RUN IN YOUR ALCOHOL FUNNY CAR(PSI OR ROOTS)WELD A COUPLE OF TABS ON YOUR ROLL CAGE AND BOLT A WING ON IT AND LETS GO RACING. THIS WOULD BE A GREAT DEAL FOR EVERYBODY THAT WANTS TO GO ALCOHOL RACING THAT RUNS ON A BUDGET. YOU WONT HAVE TO RUN YOUR STUFF THAT HARD TO PUT ON A GREAT SHOW. LONG BURN OUTS AND WILD RIDES WILL HAVE THE FANS WANTING MORE. I LOVE DRAG RACING AND I LOVE THE ALCOHOL CLASSES BUT I AM TIRED OF NHRA AND IHRA SPENDING MY MONEY. I AM NOT SURE WHY IHRA WANTS TO GO TO AN EIGHT CAR FEILD BUT INSTAED OF GETTING 20 CARS SHOWING UP TO QUIALIFY THEY ARE GOING TO GET SIX. YEARS AGO MOROSO USED TO HAVE A SIXTEEN CAR ALCOHOL DRAGSTER AND FUNNY CAR FEILD AT THE CITRUS NATIONALS AND THEY WOULD GET 20 CARS TO SHOW UP TO RACE IN EACH. THEN THEY DROPPED IT TO EIGHT AND THEY COULD NOT FILL AN EIGHT CAR SHOW.
    NOW THE ONLY RUN DRAGSTERS AND THEY MIGHT GET FIVE CARS TO SHOW UP. NOT EVERY BODY HAS THE MONEY TO SPEND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO RUN A SPORTSMAN CLASS TO WIN FIVE THOUNDSAND.
    THIS TYPE OF CLASS WORKS IN CALIFORNIA IT COULD WORK ON THE EAST COAST. IF ANY BODY WOULD BE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW THANKS

3. dunnandgone

dunnandgone Authorized Merchant

All we do is matchrace because we can't keep up with either NHRA or IHRA in the dollar department. It's a great idea to run a FC/ AA/FA deal. You offer more to a promoter when you say "What car do you want, the flopper or the altered?" We have a 72 Vega FC on 80% that is also a fuel altered. I recently heard that IHRA was considering a AA/FA class that pays 3500.00 to 1st round losers. Most tracks would welcome an organized show of hitters.

4. Outlaw Nick

Outlaw Nick Top Dragster

Bobby Marriott's Outlaw Fuel Altered circuit puts on a good show. Check them out Here.

5. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

i'm mike racer, and we run a rear engine funny car, we would like to match race in division 2, we would be honored if you would consider our A/Fuel-rear engine car for your group, thanks. link: http://hometown.aol.com/fcracr/myhomepage/profile.html

[ November 26, 2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: backmotor ]

6. FAT HEAD JOE

FAT HEAD JOE racer

BACK MOTER IF WE CAN GET THIS OFF THE GROUND WHY NOT , I GOT YOR WEB PAGE AND EMAIL THANKS JOE..

7. Tad117

Tad117 Member

Fat head joe with the lack of participation in your area for div 2 Nhra. I don't see why you don't run the divisional races. It a great place to learn how to drive and not have to worry about having enough safety equipment. You know you are going to get 2 to 4 passes in and it is still free to go to the divisonals as long as you pre enter 2 weeks in advance. Just my 2 cents

8. FAT HEAD JOE

FAT HEAD JOE racer

tad 117 i agree with you 100% about div 2 . but we have the new motor set up for to run ihra new blower and fuel sytem .now that ihra went to a 8 car field , I'll just set out to bye a new psi an run div 2 what the hell it's only money lol . also we are not new to top alcohol we ran it back in the 80s when it used to be somewhat cheap an more fun. joe

9. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

HECK i wished we lived in div 2, do okay with the roots, LOL.

10. Tad117

Tad117 Member

I agree with tigges that you will be okay with the roots. Especially with teaching your son how to drive you don't want to put it on kill for the first year anyhow

11. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

Right now I am Funnycarbob, I could be easly AA\FAbob. I have a body and a wing in the rafters

12. jpruett

jpruett New Member

i won the championship in the outlaw fuel altereds this year running with bobby marriott out of texas. i ran nhra super comp for 6 years and got tired of the abuse. racing is fun again. it took two weeks to convert an alcohol funny car to an altered, very little cash. the only rules we have are if you run a 1471 blower, you are limited to 35% overdrive (no psi), under 1471 you run what you brung. come join us and race for fun again.

13. prosportchoppers

prosportchoppers alcohol dragster

W :confused: hats the deal with the fuel altereds / blown alcohol altereds?
    Are you guys booked in or do the tracks put up a purse?
    How much are you guys getting to run?

14. fantasydragracing.com

The Outlaw Fuel Altereds are booked into tracks as an exhibition chicago style fuel/blown alcohol altered show. Pruett kicked everyone's butt this year and will be around to play next again next year.

Anyone thinking about racing a fuel altered I say go for it. If you know what your doing you can make it very easy to work on and it will actually be a money making match race car. Shows like the one night IHRA Night Under Fire programs and Bobby Marriott's OFA shows are perfect for a simple fuel altered. The OFA circuit has no nitro rules but to run the IHRA Night Under Fire I'm sure they would want 80% or higher. You can also make the trip to the big fuel altered events in Tucson and Boise which are very fun. Take the altered body off and you've got a nostalgia top fuel funny car to race as well.

I am a proud member of Mitch King's team and we race the wheels off of the "Bone Bucket" fuel altered all over the U.S. It is always a crowd favorite and on holiday weekends at local tracks it's almost impossible to not get a match race booked. Check out www.mitchkingmotorsports.com to see more about the fuel altered. It's got a scott pump, no fuel management or computer, and it's very easy to maintain between rounds. We tune that thing by looking at the plugs! haha. Mitch clicked it at 900 foot at Pine Valley Raceway and coasted to a 5.58 at 238 mph in the quarter mile. It's wild!

Fuel Altereds Forever!