a question

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Prospector, Oct 10, 2004.

1. alkyfan

alkyfan New Member

Sorry Dean but he does run the Newberry combo.

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Cy runs Newberry stuff and runs very well.

Part of Coil's advice was the fact that I live 40 minutes from Brad's and don't even need to rely on the UPS truck. I could send a neighbor this afternoon to pick up everything I need if I could afford to pay for it.

I see how fast Jay and Bucky run and I know they spend 10 times what I do and run 3-4 times more races. It's nice to know that I can walk out of Brads with the same stuff they do. And, hopefully once in a while, we can run like they do and not hurt anything in the process because of paragraph 4 in my previous post.

3. alkyfan

alkyfan New Member

Paragragh 4 - What I like about Brads stuff is: It fits, It's number one quality, It's user friendly, parts are available anywhere in the country in nearly everyone's pit if you get in a bind, Great customer service, They bend over backwards to help, They don't stroke you, It hauls butt

I think this is how the other teams feel about the Fontana too. Maybe not the mooching of parts (damn that gets old), could that be an advantage over the Brad. [​IMG]

I HOPE your not suggesting that the Miners stroke people are you?

Both engines are good, I'm sure people have had bad experiences with both. Maybe the internet is not the best place to air those negative experiences.

Hell, I like chubby girls, my best friend likes skinny ones.

4. was R4K

was R4K Member

chubby!!!!! :eek: come on- just a Halloween thing! :D

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I hope you weren't asking me that question. I reread all my posts and don't even see a hint of it. I have a lot of respect for Miner and Fontana.

I saw negative comments and decided to make this a fair and balanced thread by posting my thoughts which happen to be positive comments.

[ October 20, 2004, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Randy G. ]

6. alkyfan

alkyfan New Member

When you wrote "and they don't stroke you" my thought was you were refering to the Miners. I'm glad is was not. There are good people. Thanks for the claification.

7. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

By "They don't stroke you", I mean they don't tell you one thing and do, promise, deliver, give you or charge you another thing. They are always straight up with me and won't tell me what they think I want to hear...they'll tell me just the facts concerning problems, deliver, back-orders, etc.

If you have a problem they will listen and offer advice or suggestions. Just don't walk in and ask "Say, what kind of ________ (insert your favorite part here) is Jay running? That's for you to figure out, and Jay's business.

I think Miner, Newberry or Brad all sell stuff that works and by the passion shown by the posts of the customers of each of these guys it's safe to say you can't go wrong no matter who you choose. My schpeel was initiated because someone posted their less than wonderfull experience they had with the guy who supplies my stuff and I felt compelled to counter it with my positive experience.

8. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

Ok so heres another question. How does the change in the allowed bore spacing for 2005 effect the Fontana and the Alan Johnson combinations?

9. BenchRacer

BenchRacer Super Comp