a-fuel.com is alive!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Wendland, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Thanks Kim...... ;)

2. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

I think "Cheating" is LOWER than a taped phone call...

David, with you statment of NHRA killing AFD all together....Wasn't you saying that we need parity to keep the entire class alive? Hmmmm seems to me that you want AFD gone....thanks for the support!

Brotherhood? Good for the class....Both sides of the class.....Yeah right...

Solid.....
    Kevin

3. TheBlondeCrewChief

TheBlondeCrewChief Almost A/F

I'm not trying to be vague. You asked for help and opinions, I offered mine.

I'm a computer systems analyst. I like programs that do the job right the first time.

It seems you assumed that David/Debi Christy aka Showgo Racing was a blown team and declined membership... even though no provision was made in your application form to determine this qualification. Nor was that restriction noted on the application for anyone who might have missed that notice elsewhere amongst your frequent statements that seemingly invited blown racers' participation.

If that was the worst of it, it'd have been no big deal. Everyone makes mistakes... especially on computers.

Fast work... maybe a little too fast to be efficient? Maybe a little too fast to jump to conclusions? Maybe a little too quick to make a decision without first determining what facts are relevant and what facts aren't?

Obviously too fast to design an adequate application form.

A/FRO will never be a representative of the alcohol dragster class... only a lobby of one faction within the class.

Representatives have a vote. Lobbyists don't. Lobbyists must influence representatives to vote for their cause. So... who's going to represent your cause?...

and then what's TARA going to do with the results of that meeting? Present the opinion of A/FRO to NHRA as though it is the opinion of a majority of alcohol racers?

Yes, we have an A/F car in the works.... or maybe we're developing something that's going to make A/F obsolete five years from now.... oh, my my.... Will I have to form a Blonde Racer's Association? The return of the slingshot... double-barreled this time. You've got to bear in mind, I still count among my bench racing buddies some of the best minds of blown alcohol racing... along with a rather lengthy list of A/F drivers, owners, and tuners. That's twice the input the average A/F team gets; and input that might uncover a new, more effective approach. So maybe it's not instant success... but neither was A/F. And if not me, someone else is just as likely to be the next tuner on the top of the new heap. And you'll be selling last year's T-shirts for half-price hoping no one notices the print on the front is of a dying breed.

I'm an enginneer. I like numbers and documented results.

If you're not sending out questionnaires... where's your documentation? How is anyone to know that the opinion YOU present is the opinion of the majority of your lobby organization? And the racers at a race where the meetings are held will be the only members with input? Those not attending will be informed via newsletter of the decision that has been made for them? (We get those from NHRA... why would we want them from you as well?) Once again, we've reverted to haphazard administration and poor, hasty planning.

Do you think NHRA is going to consider the recommendations of a hastily slapped together and poorly planned lobbyist the better course of action than the recommendations of a representative with documented research?

My intentions with joining A/FRO? The same as my intentions when I joined TARA: Input, representation. If your organization has no place for someone who can see more than one side of an issue, it has no place for me. I did NOT offer my services as a voice of TARA because I have a tendency to call a spade a spade instead of a slightly off-color, upside down heart: my diplomacy skills suck. So do yours, Rob.

All of these problems with your organization can be corrected, given time. It's a process of discovering that some people are not well suited for a particular task and finding someone who can do that task with tact and courtesy regardless of provocation. It's a learning, growing process.

And, speaking of numbers...

If A/F is cheaper to run than blown why do you suppose that the membership fee was too high for A/F's but affordable for BAD's?

All of your complaints against TARA stem solely and singularly from the fact that you did not participate. TARA asked me if I thought the fee was reasonable or should be changed. TARA asked me if I thought there was a parity issue and if it should be addressed. TARA asked me what order I would arrange the issues that I thought should be addressed. So maybe they were a little slow getting T-shirts done... I still don't have one... But I have a vote, and that was why I joined. And I often disagree with other members and I tell them why I think they're wrong and they do the same in return... then someone with skills in tact and diplomacy re-words what we said and the memo is examined and edited and then released to the public or to NHRA as needed. And no, it's not always perfect, either. But there was a process that allowed for the broadest possible range of dissent.

Conversely, the more organized your organization gets, the more close-minded it seems to become.

The more of these threads on this subject I read, the more A/FRO resembles Hitler's Nazi movement: Charismatic and passionate maybe, but elitist, and blind to the value of the non-elite, poorly planned, and activated without regard to possible internal faults.

Yes, I'm afraid there was a misunderstanding. I thought you were asking for help, but I've learned instead, that you're only looking for Yes Men. My sadly lacking diplomacy skills simply won't stretch that far.

Kevin, an organization that excludes input from a major section of the class IS an instrument of division. I think David is saying, "What's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander."

4. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Debi, I hear ya.....let's eat! I want goose! lol

KB

5. TheBlondeCrewChief

TheBlondeCrewChief Almost A/F

LOL, Kev... you still got that bottle of Tylenol handy? I think I gave myself a headache!

Rob, I do appreciate your hope of resolution, that is a gracious offer, but without some major revamping of your organization's basic structure and policies, I see no resolution but to agree to disagree. I see no constructive purpose for an organization that prohibits an opposing viewpoint and excludes from membership the people that gave it reason to be formed.

6. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Debi.,

These are the guideline that everyone in a-fuel.com agree to when you sign up.

/////This message area is provided as a private communications facility for the benefit of a/fuel owners and teams.///////

Now I have David killing the a-fuel class and I am sorry...Honestly, with your remarks to me in earlier posts, I saw reason to decline membership. All David had to do like others have done is e-mail me and ask why. Which I reply back, whats your assc. with a/fuel, are you currently involved or how could you help. It never got that far and now he is going to kill....

As far as your numbers issue, you think Rob Wendland is making the mind up of others. Here's what we are doing right now...

We have two poles set up in are website. We ask several questions that pertain to current issues and their resolutions. WE- A/FRO communicate very well and would welcome your opinion if still interested. I doubt that you are interested now after writing your novel and all. You may e-mail me at rob@a-fuel.com...

Can't we all just get along???? (King 1992)

Rob

7. Wendland

Wendland Guest

For all others, we now have a public forum area....

Thanks again
    Rob

8. David Christy

David Christy New Member

Kevin, that was one of those POP (Pissed Off Person - blows up in your face) posts.

I have since talked to Rob and got it all straightened out.

I am going to do what I can to see that A/F doesn't get the short end of the stick with the new rule changes and will join A/FRO for that purpose.

David Christy
    TAD409

9. Darren Nicholson

Darren Nicholson New Member

Hi Rob, long time no talk. Are you actually involved with an A/fuel car and if so which one? I haven't heard your name around the pit area for a while. I logged on to this site and saw you had a website of your own, unfortunatly I was unable to gain access.

10. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Hey Darren.

I have tuned Mike Gundersons car for the last 2 years. I also help with my father-in-laws, (John Lawson) on his fuel funny car. I did that the 2 years prior and still help Mark Oswald with the tune up and work on the car when races don't interfere. Drove the old In-N-Out car of Tom Picketts a 1 1/2 year ago. Mixed results. Heard Tom tagged the wall with it this year. Darren, I'll turn you registration on. If you still don't have your password e-mail me at Rob@a-fuel.com..

Will I see you in Joliet?

Talk at you later..

Rob

11. Darren Nicholson

Darren Nicholson New Member

Rob, I had no idea that you were tuning Gunderson's car. I guess I need to poke my head out of my pit sometimes just to see what is going on. As far as Juliet unfortunately we will not be there. I really enjoyed being a part of the Jegs Allstars last year. Hopefully Morgan will represent Div. 7 well, I am sure he will. See ya later, Darren

12. Max Power

Max Power New Member

Mr Wendland,

Where is the public area located ?

MP

13. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Max, we are having a problem with the pulic area. tim is working on it. Sorry for the mess up, but were trying to fix it.

Rob

14. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

First ...Don't attack.. I'm just asking, but is there a reason you have us a (BAD'S) picture on your home page for the a-fuel cars? I am flattered, but just curious. I know the last time someone asked a question (Gloria) and asked not to be attacked, she was!!! Hi Mrs.R!
    BTW it's a really good shot of the car!! Kim

15. The Zone

The Zone Member

Kim why would you ask that? I think to have you on the cover is a testament to what they think about your car (I'm guessing a respect/parity thing). Talk about kicking a gift horse in the mouth. Or are you looking too much into it. I'm not bashing you, I am just a little surprised that is all.
    I would have more likely said "thanks guys for putting our kick as BAD on the A/Fuel web site cover:

Dean

16. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Dean Dean Dean... I'm surprised! :eek: I did say I was flattered! ReRead my post! The reason I was surprised, was with afuel.com being new I would have thought they would have featured an Afuel car, that is all. Don't read anything else into it. I truely do like almost all of the afuel teams. If I had wanted to bash I would have bashed, I'm not shy. Kim :D

17. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Is that not a bad ass shot or what....We are going to ask Marty to be our Div. 3 rep for afro because of his kick ass car...As for pictures, we change pictures every couple of days. The picture, on the wheelie bar, (yes it is on the car before the run),tires just getting ready to come loose, front end up 2 feet, throttle wide open....Nothing more than a kick ass attempt at Joliet! Thacker driving his nuts off! When you see cars run real well, both BAD and A/Fuel, parity is the last thing that comes to mind, dedicated teams and drivers working their asses off to make haul ass race cars.......a congradulations is well in order! Maybe we'll have a bunny on the cover next week....

Rob

18. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Thank you Rob for the wonderful reply! Yes it is a great shot of a kick ass run! I'll keep checking in to see who your centerfold is! And I agree, I love to see any team work hard and have great payoffs, and watching a car make a great pass is too good for words. Thanks Kim :D