A/FRO A/FUEL RACERS ORGANIZATION

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Wendland, Sep 7, 2003.

1. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Low ET: Bill Reichert 5.309 seconds
    Top Speed: Michael Gunderson 278.35 MPH

Two Seventy Eight??????? Yea a blown car may go that fast in 5 or 10 years?

2. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Good morning to all!

A/FRO had it's first officer's meeting yesterday. The rumor mill and several phone calls later, things are looking up for A/Fuel cars.

Information was presented to governing bodies yesterday and key topic's were brought up.

More information will be available later this week.

Thanks again for the e-mails, phone calls and support!

The Brotherhood....Solid

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

rob,

i guess your idea of parity is that every now and then the a/fuelers will screw up and the blown cars will get a bone.

you can show and twist the numbers anyway you want, but the bottom line is this: when a blown car hits their best tune-up vs an a/fueler who hits their best tune-up, guess who wins every time?

the only reason there is a blown majority in tara is the a/fuelers haven't joined. one of the founders is an a/fuel racer bruce bowler.

4. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson New Member

Rob,

As a participant in the Top Alcohol Dragster class, I am all for what ever is best for the class as a whole. If organizations like TARA and A/FRO can help make the class better, that is great.

From reading your posts, it is obvious what you think of TARA and the people that are part of that group. Your opinion of those that feel there is problem when it comes to performance parity in TA/D is also obvious. That is fine, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

After reading several of your "you have to work harder", "you need to spend more time on the dyno", "you need to spend $500,000 per year", "you need to swith to A/Fuel", messages, I have to ask a you a question.

What was your motivation when you decided to secretely tape record your phone conversation with Norm regarding the "Gizmo" and why did you decide to turn that tape over to NHRA?

I have no interest in debating whether it was right or wrong for you to do that, what I want to know is why did you decide to do it?

Were you trying to save all the BAD racers money by not having to buy a new blower? Were you trying to help keep the Whipple competitive? Were you worried about how the new performance would affect the parity between the BAD and the A/FD? Or was it something else?

I am serious in asking these questions because I want to know if your latest venture, A/FRO, has the same agenda as your earlier actions. With that information, I, as well as others, can decide if this is a group that we want to be associated with.

Scott

5. Kathy Wendland

Kathy Wendland New Member

Hello! Just wanted to let you know Rob is en route to Reading. So he will not be able to post a reply until tonite. I know Rob had good intentions when Norm called him. He was trying to save money for the blown guys. Well he will answer your questions tonite.

The Brotherhood... Remain Solid!

6. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

I get more amazed evry minite. Rob wentland recorded a converation with norm and gave it to Nhra? Did somethings get said that Norm would not not say to Nhra if he was there? or was rob out to get norm? Is this how come norm can't make any new blower desines for alchohol racing? If this is true robs a real dirtbag. Now I wouldnt even grow an afro let alone join it.

7. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

in response to the recent formation of A/FRO, i am countering that measure with the formation of B/ADASS - Blown Alcohol Dragster Association for Supercharged Supremecy.

B/ADASS directives:

1. Put blown cars in the winners circle
    2. Circulate among members Rick Santos' Championship tune-up book so we can run all those damn .20's he ran.
    3. B/ADASS will have meetings at undisclosed locations so as not to comprimise security of information.
    4. Inform our A/Fuel friends that A/Fuel really isn't cheaper to run.
    5. Regain parity by diabolicly and systematically sabotaging the top A/Fuelers
    6. Immediate Response is not needed. All blown racers are grandfathered in.

B/ADASS Tshirts and hats will be on sale immediately with our credo: "Injection is nice, but I would rather be blown"

B/ADASS will be controlled exclusively by me.... :D

But on second thought, i'll stick with a real organization like TARA.

back to your normally scheduled programming...

8. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

You left one out, Will.

7. Kick the shit out of the A/FD teams in the lanes.

9. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Got to admit that was pretty funny there Will!

10. showard

showard New Member

Will,

After reading your post, at least I know we didn't work you to death this past weekend. Thanks for your help, we couldn't have done it without you.

Shelly

11. paalexander

paalexander New Member

Shelly, Congratulations on your great weekend. Tommy: Yes, it's true. Rob Wendland really did do what Scott Nelson said. I talked to Rob on the phone a few weeks prior to the race at Gainesville in 2000. Rob wanted to know why he wasn't included in the first group to be offered a C blower. I believe I told him (I don't have a recording) that I was selling them to people who were actively racing at the time, and he was not. I also probably said things about NHRA officials that I did not expect them to hear. My history with the NHRA has not always been cordial, as those who have been following alcohol racing since 1988 know. However, I never knew that Rob was recording the call until I got a phone call from Jim Collins (the NHRA Div.2 tech person) in Orlando, saying that Rob had played him a tape, and he was unhappy about what he had heard. The end result? The alcohol guys have been unable to use the C blower ever since. Did this save them money? I don't think so, because they have had to spend money in other ways to try to compete with the technologically unrestricted A-fuelers. Think what you want to about me; how do you feel about someone who does what Rob did?

12. Max Power

Max Power New Member

Wow, this thread has taken some interesting turns. But I guess we should not be suprised anymore, take for example, what a couple of racers said at the TARA meeting. The Indy winner stated that the blown racers should just switch to AFD, as that would be easy to do. What do we do with the 200 to 400k of useless equipment after we switch ? Guess you have had to pay for something in order to know its worth. The current points leader stated that the Blown Alcohol dragsters should only run the Divisional races and the AFD cars run the national events. Sounded to me, like those two have their heads so far up there butts, that lump in their throat, is their damn nose.

let the flaming begin.

[ September 09, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Max Power ]

13. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Nothin' but love here...kick the shit out of the a/fuel teams in the lanes? It's hard to tell fact, fiction, perception or reality with any of these posts. Can anyone look objectively at the situation anymore and do what is best for the overall health of the catagory?

I heard a story while in Indy this weekend about a pro racer who set aside his own interests and did something for the good of the sport of drag racing. Doesn't sound like that can happen here.

I'll be signing off now, so don't expect any more replies.

14. paalexander

paalexander New Member

A point of clarification. The post above with my displayed name was written by Norm Drazy, who forgot to sign it. Pat

15. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Originally posted
    Pat McGill quote:

"7. Kick the shit out of the A/FD teams in the lanes." or Rumble in the parking lot? LMMFAO!

Pat/Rodge....Classic!
    That has got to be nominated for post of the year!

KB
    "Keepin it SOLID! :cool:

16. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

PSI - Thanks for the clarification and all the dedicated work for the TAD class. Of course your business, but more than just a business.

Support the Alcohol Class.

17. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Max power, How much $$$ Do you think Morgan has spent? As for the points leader? I'm assuming it's Alan Bradshaw, for a former blow racer to make that comment just goes to show what Primodonnas most of those guys have become!

18. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Kingnitro:
    "blow racer" Joe...Typo?

KB

19. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

BAD teams vs AFD teams in a fight to the death Highlander Style!

20. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Hey Kevin Dickhead! Typo!