4 Link Setup Help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by koister, Jan 4, 2015.

1. koister

koister New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere 114 inch wheel base. about 2600 lbs 572 Blown Alcohol Hemi 28 lbs boost. Powerglide with Neil Chance NXS convertor. Weight distributution is 51/49. 17x33 D4 Goodyear Slicks, Strange Double adjustable shocks all the way around. Current IC is 47 at about 7. Wheelie bars are 9.5 inches off the ground measured at the wheel center. I also have 60 lbs of ballast hanging right behind the front bumper

I cant get the car to leave.
    The car wants to wheel stand and when it does hits the bars(84" in length) hard enough to unload the rear tires. In fact this weekend i bounced the rear tires off the ground. off the ground. A point to note is that the car dead hooks as opposed to turning the tires to get some wheel speed. When i look for advice I get input that is all over the map. Raise the bars, lower the bars. Long and low IC, lower bars parallel to ground etc. Not sure where to go.
    Was thinking of a radical change like moving the ic out to the 70 inch area and about 1.5 off the ground lowering the wheelie bars to about 2 inches. But i dont really feel like wasting a trip to the track with a setup up based on a guess. So any help would be apreciated. If you need more info please ask.

2. tc1216

tc1216 Member

Why are the wheelie bars 9.5 inches off the ground? With the bars that high, the car has so much momentum going up that when it hits the bars it just keeps going and unloads the tires. Lower the bars to about 3 inches and see how far the front wheels come off the ground.

3. koister

koister New Member

What you say makes sense. They got that high because i kept moving them up thinking that up correlated to softer hit on the bars. I guess that thinking is wrong. I am fairly new to drag racing and have even less experience with blown alcohol cars. So any and all input is valued.
    Ken

4. Blownbudget

Blownbudget Member

What tyre pressure are you running,what size rear wheel and tyre ??

5. Raymond

Raymond New Member

^^^^^^ what he said.. you would be so surprised how much hit it will take out lowering tire psi

6. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

7. koister

koister New Member

I am running Goodyear 17x33 D4 compound. I run 5 3/4 lb tire pressure in them.

8. ProMod83

ProMod83 Member

5.75 PSI is pretty good. I would go 5.5 though.

I can tell you your IC is too short with 51 on the nose I would run that out 55 or so and 7. If your bottom bar is close to level just move your top bar up a hole and go try it. I also what to mention your wheelie bars should be 5 to 5.75 from the center of the bolt to the ground.