392 hemi

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hotrod200, Jun 23, 2011.

1. hotrod200

hotrod200 Member

Hi just wondering if anyone is still running the ol 392 hemi, im building a blown methanol 392 and i was hoping to have a talk to some guys that have had some success or even some guys that may have blown a few up? or yet still does anyone have any advise?

thanks

2. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

You don't say if this is the cast iron version or if you want to run the aluminum race engine. Claude Lavoie runs that style in his nitro nostalgia funny car and if hauls. PM me if you are interested and can see if I can hook you guys up.
    Thanks
    Dale

3. hotrod200

hotrod200 Member

This is my first blown methanol engine and its the iron version with aluminium heads, any info would be greatly appreciated if it works out well and i feel like i can get a handle on it ill then probably get a donovan block and swap everything over and step it up if the car and i can handle it! im restoring a short wheelbase altered from the 70's

4. nitrowannabe

nitrowannabe Member

Where do you live. There will some iron/alky 392's at Maple Grove next weekend for the Geezers at the Grove nostalgia race. Go over to the ClassicFunnyCarBoard and ask the same question. Lots of old guys over there that would love your project. Talk to Gene Adams. Check out www.hothemiheads.com. Got a blower yet ? Good luck.

5. hotrod200

hotrod200 Member

Im in Australia, i do have a blower, i have a 6-71 magnesium danakas blower, do you have a blower that your looking to sell? i may be interested in a donovan block if anyone has a good one?

6. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

As I indicated I would speak to Claude Lavoie about the 392. He is currently preparing to sell both the cast iron 354 and aluminum 392. Claude's cell # is (780) 914-6656 if you want to know directly from Claude.
    Thank you
    Dale