2013 Weight Break TAD/TAFC

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by underby6, Nov 13, 2012.

1. bmoore

bmoore Member

OK guys

I just want Justin to go over that part about the boat and the 21 year olds or something.
    I take it they would be under weight Justin? 50 lbs. might be too much...

Bill

2. underby6

underby6 Active Member

To possibly dispel any advantage to outsiders looking in at the converter deal, specifically the "huge weight break" I took and figured some averages that tell the real story. Over the last 9 rounds of competition the following averages have been produced.

Booher: Avg. E.T. - 5.417 & Avg. R.T. - .037
    Competitors: Avg. E.T. - 5.921 & Avg. R.T. -.070

We have consistently weighed in at between 2055 - 2065, we could be lighter but I don't believe you can get it there without spending ridiculous money and/or having a jockey. We've def. got some areas figured out, this is the reason for our increased MPH. As far as the transbrake button being an advantage - that just sounds like sour grapes to me. The car still moves off of a function of the drivers foot. I let go of a button you let go of a pedal or handle. As far as movement inside the car, I have just as many hand/foot movements if not more.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #323
    Torque MGMT. - Owner

3. sc7662

sc7662 Member

weight break

I am not promoting clutch/convertor/A-fuel/blown or nuttin here since i have entered the convertor world to each there OWN. My change was strictly to doing the clucth and avoid grinding clutch disk and floaters all week after a race, I have been out twice this year with our new set-up and still working on it.After the first race, if i would of had the clutch pedal in the trailer i would have put it back in and got to go racing , but that is whole another story. When we got the drive system figured out and made it to the line at the next race, I ran a 5.71, change some timing ISSUES and went 5.70 both at 255mph. So i would say we did not change enough or add enough ,WHICHEVER for the second pass. But ON THE WEIGHT with the convertor we where crossing scales around 10 lbs heavier than with the clutch. I am excited about trying new things (NOT) BUT I AM going to stick with it and see what happens next, As far as more to do in a convertor car, i would say having done both it is about the same brake , (button) -vs- (Pedal) , rpms , lights and Go. OH YEAH AND A EIGHT CYLINDERS MAKING GOOFY NOISES BEHIND YOU UNTIL YOU RELEASE THE BUTTON. THAT IS DEFINITLEY DIFFERENT

Brian Mans TAD 3662

4. tad1011

tad1011 Member

How about a wiehgt break for wedge head motors ????

5. underby6

underby6 Active Member

As a point of reference because I've rcvd so many complaints about so and so can't ever have that avg./the transbrake is a performance advantage...whine whine whine. I avg'd another regional winning car in John Anderika. At the last four regional events in eliminations John is averaging a .131. That figure is withholding a .443 RT against Todd Veney - based on the description of the run it's pretty evident there was an issue with the car. Before you take time to bitch about how easy something is, maybe take a look at how we specifically are doing things. We don't launch at wide open throttle. The footbrake is compressed, heel shoved in on throttle, and transbrake button held. At the flash the foot comes off the foot brake, let go of transbrake button, and flip your foot from heel to toe to compress the throttle pedal. To me that sounds like nearly the same movements a clutch car (blown) has. We are also launching at 4000 RPM - if I could launch at 6000 the RT's would improve (figure 6k is avg. launch of a clutch car).

Just avg'd Kaplan - in 10 rounds of elims. he's avg'ing a .027
    Gingles (A-Fuel) in 12 rounds of elims - avg. - .047

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #323
    Torque MGMT. - Owner

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  6. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Brandon, wouldn't you have to include in any RT study that fact that everybody stages at different places in the beams ?

Some guys are always deep, some guys are always shallow staged --

7. underby6

underby6 Active Member

This is true but that is up to the driver/team - there is no rule saying one thing or another. The point here is to prove that good rt's aren't a product of some magical whiz bang item.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #323
    Torque MGMT. - Owner

8. tad2155

tad2155 Member

real racin is run wat ya brung, it shud b 100% nitro, c blower ,, lock up or wat ever u want I think u shuld b able to run a fuel engine with 6-71 blower like nostalgia really make it wild , it wuld seem havin a blower on the fuel wuld b a little safer:cool:

bored n bama

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  9. sc7662

sc7662 Member

Amen

real racin is run wat ya brung, it shud b 100% nitro, c blower ,, lock up or wat ever u want I think u shuld b able to run a fuel engine with 6-71 blower like nostalgia really make it wild

bored n bama

real racin is run wat ya brung :cool: Brian Mans