2011 Rules revisions

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

rules

sugest you hold on ..J Collins thinks there may be additions to the approved manufacturers

2. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

brakes

Hold on everyone...$7000 carbon fiber brakes and a AFC is in the net in POMONA..
    (but we're really sure there will be no problem after the brakes are replaced with .....A FREAKING ANCHOR!!!!)

3. Barry Ferriolo

perhaps the carbon fiber brakes saved the driver's life.

4. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

I did break one, it bent over backwards trying to stop (which I did) and hit me in the leg, got one for a Nitro car from Murph McKinney, I like it, quality piece, less than $100 delivered :cool:

5. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

Brakes

Barry, you could be right! I hope that is the case. If anyone can get the straight story on this , we should all hear it.I'm glad to hear he walked away.drag race central said he lost a motor, but live coverage said he went in the net.Maybe both? Glad to see Brian was able to make the call for first round.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  6. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

brake handle

If you broke one do you know what material it was made from?

7. backmotor

6061 alum, looks like 1/4" The Murph one is a much thicker/sturdier piece, does not even flex now :cool:

8. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Who made the broken one ?

9. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

the teether is going to be 125 each and you need one for every parachute. A friend of mine tells me SFI was asked to test some manufactures teethering devices but they havent tested the one listed in nhras rule update. It will be interesting to see if this ends up being like the body paint for funny cars, only one source.
    Hope it doesnt turn out that way.

10. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

He went in the sand, no net, chutes didn't open. Chute wire was about 1/8th of an inch too long, cable sheath may have moved. Pomona has a stupidly short shutdown area, and at 255 mph, by the time you realize the chutes aren't coming out, you're lucky you're not in the net. You could see skidmarks clean into the beach. Those brakes are probably the reason he made it back for Rd. 1.

11. backmotor

Not sure, I bought the chassis brand new, came w/ brake handle and master cylinder already mounted.

12. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Any body have a picture of these $12 nylon slings i am going to pay $250 for

13. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

Thanks

Thank you for the clarification...I am glad the brakes made a difference. Now I will say thank you NHRA for the ruling.It made a difference.

14. clint thompson

carbon brakes

I was standing there in the shut down area when Brian went into the sand. His car slowed down amazingly quick with smoke rolling off the tires. No question he would have been into the net with steel brakes. Anyone who doubts how much better these brakes are needs to get over it. I have had both, and wouldn't even consider having steel brakes anymore. Your life is worth the extra dough. May not save you anyway but you deserve the best chance if you are in that situation. I am surprised NHRA didn't mandate them several years ago.

15. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Carbon

We went with the new 11 inch Strange front brake with bigger bore calipars.(NEED LATER SPINDLES) We also already had the 2 dragster master cyclinder deal from Mckinney, 900 pounds on the front and 1300 in the rear. Dad says its incredible!
    We also like the Auto Rf shutoff, Div 1 did and excelent job employing it early.

I think if we thought of it we would have used some nylon saftey straps long ago through the chutes this way.

Mark

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  16. DAmick

DAmick New Member

Posts Removed

We apologize if for whatever reason our post appeared to be geared towards marketing our products, we just felt this would be a great place to go for team feedback, as well as a way to answer questions teams may have. Please advise if we have done something wrong, to assure that we don't make the same mistake again. Thanks so much.

Amick Associates, Inc.