2 step help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by 37hemi, Feb 28, 2011.

1. 37hemi

37hemi New Member

I have a roots hemi with a 12amp pro mag. I have a pedal clutch and want to use a 2 step. How do I go about this and how do you use them with a blown car. I have used them on aspirated cars heaps, is it any different

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

It is exactly the same as what you used before. Plugs into the chip slot on the ProMag Electronic Points Box and is wired through the clutch pedal. Although some people use the Two Step without a fuel bypass solenoid I would highly recommend using one. Wire in a relay to control the solenoid so it is activated when on the Two Step. Start off with a 80 bypass jet and check it so that when on the Two Step the EGTs are averaging around 625*. You can get the solenoids from Speedtech or use a NOS part number 16055. Make sure what every solenoid used that it is for alcohol fuel and that it has a orifice inside greater than .125". When on the Two Step you are going to have at least 25 lbs of boost so it will change your clutch tuneup a little. With a Roots the standard Two step rpm is 5000 rpm.

3. aj481x

aj481x Member

Of course there are two schools of thought on by passing fuel. :D