2 step ? good or bad ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by lucky devil, Apr 3, 2011.

1. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

I have been thinking about the 2 step we have been using. This was on a BBC K11 6 second door car.

We have moved to a BAE 521 , same blower etc etc.

Whats everyones thoughts on the stresses and strains when the 2 step is used on the line ? Iam thinking of the sudden forces on rods , bearings etc etc

Thanks Wayne

2. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

2 step

It really depends on how your car is set up. and what RPM you leave. Clutch or Auto? No it won't hurt stuff.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I think because of the erratic sound out the exhaust that people think that it is generating some big stress on the moving parts which it is not. The only real thing to worry about is if the AFR while on the Two Step is close to being correct. If you are way way too rich or way too lean you might damage something.

4. moparchris440

moparchris440 Member

Yes I've been using one and everything looks great, I'm bleeding off fuel with a solenoid with a .130 jet on the 2 step. While on the 2 step motor is at 2500 rpms then flashes to 5000k when I let off the button

5. iron468

iron468 Member

throttle air cylinder can make the job or is better solenoid with jet??????

6. moparchris440

moparchris440 Member

I've never run a air throttle controller so I'm not the one to ask. I've run the 2 step with a solenoid with good success and have heard good reviews, I have heard mixed reviews on the air throttle though.... JMO

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  7. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Depends how much boost you want right at launch. A Two Step gives you a lot of boost off the line (25-27 lbs) because the butterflies are wide open when staging. An air controlled throttle will not give you high boost because the buterflies are barely cracked open.