2 speed lenco mount?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hotrod200, Nov 6, 2014.

1. hotrod200

hotrod200 Member

Hoping someone can direct me here, I have pulled the sbc/glide from my altered now going to an early hemi and CS1 2 speed and I have mounted the engine front and mid plate but have been told that the lenco just bolts to the clutch can? I guess I have built to many street cars and can not believe that there is no support between the clutch can and the rear end?? Thanks in advance.

2. KEITH CLARK

KEITH CLARK Member

lenco

2 & 3 speed Lenco's just bolt to the bell housing, no need to support them, been using them for 35+ years never a problem. With chassis flex and twist you don't want to tie the trans down, just let it move with the car

3. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

A 2 or 3-speed behind a steel can will give you no problem at all. I had an issue with a 3-speed CS-2 behind a Bruno bellhousing several years ago, cracked in the starter pocket area, which was the thinnest part, and in my opinion was a piss-poor design anyway, little more than a Chevy bellhousing on steroids. A full 360* steel can would rectify that problem.

4. hotrod200

hotrod200 Member

Thanks guys, looks like I'm all done then, time to order a driveshaft and I'm away!

5. noiraude

noiraude Member

hi all!
    does this apply to door cars as well?
    with trick tit.can or steel can,is it the same?
    thanks
    cyril:rolleyes:

6. turbo69camaro

turbo69camaro Member

There are 2 studs per side on each lenco section having a sliding saddle mount makes servicing the clutch much easier.It slides out of the way and plugs Right back into the bellhousing