2 Disk vs. 3 Disk Clutch

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Eric Vollmer, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Eric Vollmer

Eric Vollmer Member

Hey guys I'm going to be switching over to a clutch and wanted some thoughts and opinions on 2 vs 3 disks. I have access to a 2 disk setup so that is the cheaper route but I'm not sure it is the better route. I have heard that a 2 disk is ultimately faster but the 3 disk has a bigger tuning window. Also, the extra weight of the 3 disk hanging of the back of the crank I know can cause some bearing issues so if I can avoid that. Please keep in mind when giving your thoughts, I'm not a top running alcohol funny car or dragster. This is a blown altered with a 526 Keith Black Olds motor running big chief heads and a 14-41 hh PSI blower. The type of racing I'm doing does not allow me enough time to pull the clutch apart after every pass. I would like to make 6-8 passes while just having to zero out the clutch and make any small adjustments between rounds. Let me you know your thoughts,
    Thanks
    Eric

2. shawn davis

shawn davis Member

What diameter is the clutch you have access to?

3. Eric Vollmer

Eric Vollmer Member

Sorry forgot to add it's a 10"

4. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

Eric...
    we run a Crower 10" 3 disc small stand in our car.....i think that would work great for you. i take it out after every event for service. we just do the regular zero out and small adjustments between rounds.
    Darren