1st blown hemi

Discussion in 'Manton Push Rods Top Alcohol Tech Questions' started by nitro 27, Jan 6, 2017.

1. nitro 27

nitro 27 New Member

Oct 5, 2016
    need some help with our 1st hemi build , were building a nos alky funny car ,need to run 6,80 s /90 s to start . have a 1990 stage 3 kb motor that we ran injected last year to learn to run the car . motor has 1/2 stroke brc crank with rod journals turned to 2.200 for 6.8 chevy rods .would like to reuse crank in very nice shape. were gonna put alum rods an new pistons #1 will small journal crank be ok ? #2 rod length ? #3 pistons comp? heads are dart fuel from 89 gary ormsby style ? dual plug forging done by steve sanchez . have new bds air lock blower 8/71 new enderle 16 gpm pump need to do rotating ass and new camshaft like to hear your thoughts we run with glnfcc need safe reliable power also run 2 spd glide no clutch thanks
  2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

Feb 10, 2004
    years ago I ran a stage 3 ...4.500 stroke deal what I hated about this was the rods had to be cut to clear the cam shaft...as for the chevy stuff could not tell you a thing..comp. I would say 12.5.1