18 degree sbc blower manifold

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by fastfiat, Aug 29, 2011.

1. fastfiat

fastfiat New Member

Doe's anyone make a 18 degree cast race manifold for a sbc or will i have to have on made.

2. RLPRACING

RLPRACING Member

Intake

Don't think anyone does. We made our own out of a 18 degree single carb manifold. We had bought the heads and intake from Ron's Porting and it was used on a normally aspirated bracket car. When we switched to the blower and could not find a manifold, we thought we would give it a try at making one. We are using a 14-71 HH Littlefield with the pie shaped discharge which is only slightly larger in length than the intake opening. Welded a flat plate to the intake with a couple supports, milled it flat, used a gasket for the hole locations. Cylinders are very balanced with only a couple needing a different nozzle size. 3 years, no problems with cracks, leaks, etc. I can send you pics if you are interested.

3. fastfiat

fastfiat New Member

Thanks. I figured we would probably have to have one made or make our own. I was thinking about a tunnel ram manifold cut down with the blower mount welded to it. If you could send pics of yours that would be helpful. My email is robertdeitz5183@sbcglobal.net. Thanks,Bob.

4. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

I bought one from RBS in stock and all the burst panels