14:71 HAMPTON II vs. 14:71 SUPERMAN

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by orville_mudracer, Oct 10, 2010.

1. orville_mudracer

orville_mudracer New Member

ok guys I run sand/mud drags @ 160' tracks, I have a 511 KB Hemi with stage one heads which would make the best blower for me

2. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

didn't know hampton was even making a 'current' supercharger? i'm sure there may be a variety of opinions on this but if you want a modern and efficient blower get ahold of a current kobelco superman

other options would be the new littlefield LB20 (i think that's what it's called?). or any later psi, ssi, gibson, littlefield would probably be a better option to the hampton

we just upgraded to a kobelco superman on the nitro-madness aa/fa and i'm impressed with the consistency of the boost and very little 'break-in' boost loss... and it's not even modded

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  3. Ghost - Kevin

Ghost - Kevin Member

In the mud/sand 160ft environment the Hampton will perform as well as any blower made today. It will also take the punishment of the harsh sand/mud environment better than most blowers made. They are heavy, but very strong and stable.

I ran my hamptons against the screw for years and did just fine. We would spin it 50 - 60over and the rotors never touched the case. I ran them 20 -30 runs and only put new whites in because I felt lazy. In fact I hated the first 1-3 runs after re-stripping because the blower was so tight. I think Bill Barney set a national record in TAD back in the day with 18 runs on his.

I sold my Hamptons to mud racers when we finally got our screw and they went out and ran faster then they ever had in the mud.

And, I'm sure you can pick up the Hampton at about 1/2 the cost. If we had to go back today and run roots blowers I would buy every one I could get my hands on.

Don't forget that Hampton was the first to do alot of the modifications that we consider as "TRICK" today. And yes, he is a treat to talk to on the phone. Call him and tell him you pushed the rotors out the front and disturbed the front plate.

Kevin Hool
    "The Ghost" TAFC
    http://www.gripperclean.com

4. Ghost - Kevin

Ghost - Kevin Member

In the mud/sand 160ft environment the Hampton will perform as well as any blower made today. It will also take the punishment of the harsh sand/mud environment better than most blowers made. They are heavy, but very strong and stable.

I ran my hamptons against the screw for years and did just fine. We would spin it 50 - 60over and the rotors never touched the case. I ran them 20 -30 runs and only put new whites in because I felt lazy. In fact I hated the first 1-3 runs after re-stripping because the blower was so tight. I think Bill Barney set a national record in TAD back in the day with 18 runs on his.

I sold my Hamptons to mud racers when we finally got our screw and they went out and ran faster then they ever had in the mud.

And, I'm sure you can pick up the Hampton at about 1/2 the cost. If we had to go back today and run roots blowers I would buy every one I could get my hands on.

Don't forget that Hampton was the first to do alot of the modifications that we consider as "TRICK" today. And yes, he is a treat to talk to on the phone. Call him and tell him you pushed the rotors out the front and disturbed the front plate.

Kevin Hool
    "The Ghost" TAFC
    http://www.gripperclean.com

5. wagspe208

wagspe208 Member

Speed Sports Special Top Fuel Hydro runs Hampton stuff. Built and tuned by Amos Saterlee. 5 championships. Not bad.
    Your results may vary. LOL
    Wags