12/24 volts for starter and ignition

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by sean70ss, May 11, 2015.

1. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

Anybody have a wiring diagram for 12/24 volts with 2 12 volt battery's? 12 volts for electronics and 24 to the starter. I have the 24 volt starter now. I have seen that csr smart start but thing is expensive. Also have seen that 12/24 parallel switch from Wilson as well. Any ideas?

2. Scotttrod

Scotttrod Member

I just wire the second battery in the large wire to the starter.

I have two of the Shorai motorcycle batteries. I have one wired through the master cutoff switch and the second battery is basically spliced into the large positive wire that goes to the starter. The cable that comes off of the first battery's positive (enroute to starter) is connected to the negative of second battery. The positive of the second battery is connected to the main lug on the starter, that gives me 24 volts at starter.

Not sure is that is the best way, but it has worked for me for about 4 years without a single issue.

Scott

3. jackattack

jackattack Member

I wasn't concerned with weight so I used 3 small batteries from Snyder,2 shutoff switches with one lever,seperate plugs at the rear for charging,maybe added 12lbs,not that big of a deal for me...